Do you care about children with special needs, and have the experience and compassion we’re looking for in our team? If so, we want to hear from you! Pacekids offers the challenge and reward of working in an integrated, child, and family, focused environment – a setting that recognizes and appreciates your contribution and gives you the satisfaction of making a real difference.
We are currently looking for part-time and full-time child development assistants in and around the Calgary area. Opportunities in home, in community and at the Pacekids facility.
The role of the Universal Child Development Assistant is to work with the therapist and/or supervisor to support parents, when possible, in learning how to use therapeutic strategies to support their child's needs.
- Carrying out the IPP at Pacekids Programs, in the child’s home and at any other domains as identified, such as a day home or community preschool
- Planning activities that promote the IPP goals in consultation with the therapist and/or supervisor
- Planning activities that promote the development of daily living skills which may include:
- feeding, dressing, toileting
- implementing independent and supported play
- utilizing adaptive equipment to promote mobility & independence
- promoting development of communication skills, which may include the use of assistive technology, sign language or picture symbols
- providing a fun, positive environment that encourages child’s success and is mindful of principles of child development
- support and enable parents to transfer skills into their home environment
- Taking weekly data on all goals implemented with child
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training sessions offered at Pacekids Programs
- Work in collaboration with other individuals involved in care of the child
- CPR & Childcare First Aid
- must own a vehicle and be willing to drive to various parts of the city
- experience with working with special needs children