We offer comprehensive set of strategic traditional and non-traditional marketing and communications services to small and large businesses in Canada and Worldwide. Top companies turn to us for help with strategy, branding, print, web and digital services.
An opportunity for the Web/UI/UX designer position has arisen for the right individual and this person would be charged to manage all website and user interface projects. A strong candidate will have proven track record in managing numerous creative projects simultaneously, excellent communications skills, consistent work ethic and be proud of your work even though it belongs to the client. In addition, the candidate will be expected to perform the described duties, which initiative and common sense would indicate to be in the best interest of the agency and its clients.
- 1-3 years of experience as a professional designer
- Strong portfolio showcasing different types of projects (mainly web and online applications)
- Knowledge in designing for branding, print and web
- Knowledge in designing for user experience and responsive websites
- Design process of research, brainstorming, sketching, etc
- Knowledge and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
- Knowledge in preparing files for web and mobile apps
- Up to date with design trends
- Ability to create rationales that support design concepts
- HTML/CSS knowledge to help with creating web designs
- Basic understanding of Wordpress
- Knowledge of printing options (paper stock, effects, bindery, etc)
- Some knowledge of different industries (oil and gas, healthcare, etc)
- Up to date with design and web technologies
- Foster and build positive working relationships within the production team
- Lead and motivate yourself to effectively and efficiently manage projects based on communication strategy and implementing best industry practices
- Work closely with the Producer to get projects in the studio completed on time and on budget
- Consult with the web development team to collaborate on what functions can be done for web site projects
- Enthusiasm for your craft and a portfolio of work that demonstrates creativity, originality, and a strong design sensibility
- Demonstrate a "can do" attitude, solve problems, take initiatives to ensure clients' satisfaction, and master time management
- Be proactive, organized and autonomous
- Understand clients' requirements and, set and manage clients' expectations
- Create clear and detailed creative documentation
- Educate clients on a regular basis on creative production processes, expectations, present different design solutions and rationale
- Have a strong eye for detail
- Be knowledgeable of or willing to learn new creative and technical skills
- Be open and honest communication and collaborator.
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects with multiple colleagues in the studio
- Be a consummate team player, collaboration is the mainstay of our environment and contribute to the greater whole
- Proactively solicit feedback
If you are passionate about communication strategy, marketing, design and have an interest in working in a highly productive agency, a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you today. Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio (PDF or website) to recruiting [@] creativepace.com.
*Portfolios must showcase web, mobile apps, print and branding projects. Applicants with no link to or PDF of their portfolio will not be considered.*
With over 35 years of combined experience, Pace Creative is a full-service communication and marketing agency with headquarters in...