PWO AG (Progress-Werk Oberkirch Aktiengesellschaft) was established in the year 1919. Today, PWO Global Group is a full-service supplier to the automotive and electric industries. PWO components, subsystems and safety parts can be found in nearly every automobile.
In January 1997, PWO AG has acquired 49 percent of the shares of BRATTAN TOOL INDUSTRIES LTD: (BTIL), Kitchener, Ontario. The company was founded in 1968 and developed from a small tool making company to a supplier of metal components for the automobile industry. In December 1999, the complete takeover took place.
In the course of the realignment, PWO Canada Inc. has focused on products that are part of the strategic product fields of PWO. Large presses and automated systems for bonding, welding and assembly systems were the focus of the capacity expansion. Today, complex components and structures for seat, vehicle bodies and chassis are produced at the Canadian location.
PWO Canada Inc. has a quality and environmental management system and is certified according to ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001.
PWO Canada Inc. will provide innovative solutions as a full service supplier.
We are committed to be "The Best Within Our Class".
Our Quality System will ensure full customer satisfaction, as well as maximizing long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We are currently looking for a Robotic Technician to join our growing team. The primary focus of the Robotic Technician position is to maintain, repair, and improve our existing automated weld and assembly lines. You may also be called upon to help with the troubleshooting of our stamping presses and transfer lines as required. This position interacts with machine builders to support and help implement upgrades and new installations. Ideally the successful candidate will be self-driven to identify and take on new challenges, and will work to eliminate existing process weak points and sources of downtime.
*Please note: this position requires a monthly shift rotation including days, afternoons, midnights and weekends.
- Troubleshooting production problems as required.
- Maintaining and repairing robotic weld cells and electrical systems within the building and on equipment.
- Devising innovative ways of improving existing robotics and other machinery.
- Sourcing replacement parts through electrical suppliers as required.
- Directing apprentices. Checking the work of others to ensure the quality of their work. Directing the work of operators in order to learn about and troubleshoot potential problems.
- Ensuring work completed complies with the appropriate and applicable standards.
Completion of post-secondary education and the necessary qualification to certify as an Electrician, a Millwright, a Controls Technician or a Robotic Technician.
At least two years of experience in a similar automotive manufacturing work environment performing robotic maintenance and troubleshooting. Experience in a press environment is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of robotic welding, mechanical systems, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Strong knowledge of automated cells and automation.
- Ability to work independently and think of creative ways to approach problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.