The purpose of the position of Material Handler/Janitor is to support the Logistics, Shipping and Receiving department with answering production calls and organizing all storage drop off areas.
1. Performs all shipping functions as required. Prepares all manufactured production parts and subcontracted parts for shipment by packing when necessary, weighing parts and loading shipments on trucks. Unloads the return of empty customer containers.
2. Performs all receiving functions as required. Unloads all raw materials from trucks and performs visual inspection of materials. Enters all raw material received into the MRP system. Identifies unacceptable incoming materials and stages acceptable materials.
3. Answer all production calls as required.
4. Clean and sanitize isles with floor scrubber.
5. Empty all garbage and recycling stations throughout the plant.
6. Stages all raw materials by ensuring the material is transported to production workstations.
7. Enters all data into the AS-400 to generate the necessary paperwork.
8. Completes receiving data entry for raw materials delivery or purchased parts.
9. Proper use of electronic data collection equipment.
10. Performs all duties within the 5S standards.
11. Performs other job-related duties as may be required from time to time as directed by Logistic Supervisor and Manager.
12. Compliance to all company policies and procedures.
13. Responsible for working safely, complying with safety policies and procedures, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) required in the designated areas as per company policy.
14. Responsible for working safely and keeping a safe work area for themselves and fellow employees. Reporting any unsafe working conditions, practices, and work-related injuries immediately to his/her Supervisor or Manager.
15. Any other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and Manager.