NATURE OF THE POSITION
The position of Auditor or Gage Calibrator Technician may receive work assignments from department managers and supervisors within the company.
The position will problem-solve with internal personnel including managers, supervisors, team leaders, and operators within the Production, Tooling, Maintenance, Logistics, Quality and Project Management departments when documentation and clarification is required.
The incumbent must be able to prioritize and organize work.
Education: High School Diploma.
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to use measuring equipment, micrometers, verniers, height gauges. Understands inspection methods and procedures. Geometric dimensioning and tolerance preferred. Ability to read blueprints.
Communication Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills are required for normal technical/business communication.
Nature and Length of Experience: One-year experience in similar job and manufacturing environment preferred.
1. Performs daily inspection workload.
2. Follows Quality procedures and work instructions reporting all non-conformances to the Supervisors and/or Manager.
3. Performs calibration at established frequencies for gauges and fixtures. Creates and maintains gauge instructions and performs training for gauge and fixture use.
4. Responsible for the documentation of assigned inspection requirements.
5. Proper use of electronic data collection equipment.
6. Responsible for stopping production lines when parts produced fail inspection.
7. Performs all duties within the 5S standards.
8. Follows and performs the instructions as listed in the Work Area Reference Manual(s) applicable to the department.
9. Performs other duties characteristic of the job environment as requested by the Manager.
10. Compliance to all company policies and procedures.
11. Responsible for working safely, complying with safety policies and procedures, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) required in the designated areas as per company policy.
12. Responsible for working safely and keeping a safe work area for themselves and fellow employees. Reporting any unsafe working conditions, practices, and work-related injuries immediately to his/her Manager.
13. Any other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and Manager.