NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Internally the incumbent interacts with the supervisory personnel. Interactions occur with production, maintenance, tooling, and quality services personnel when problems exist in the assembly machinery operated and the quality of the parts produced. No external contacts exist for this position.
The position is responsible for his/her work but is responsible for directing the work of others. The position may be responsible for training and overseeing temporary personnel and new operators to ensure they are doing their job properly and they are working in a safe manner. Problems encountered by this position are usually referred to a Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager. Decisions made by this position impact the department in the short term.
Education: High School Diploma.
Knowledge and Skills: The incumbent must be able to read, understand instructions and follow them exactly, as well as able to work independently without close supervision. The incumbent must have a good understanding of the basics of automated assembly equipment and have mechanical aptitude. The incumbent must have a good knowledge of product specifications in order to determine if there is a problem with the finished part when it is produced and before it is inspected by Quality Services. The incumbent must be able to use verniers, micrometers, etc. Basic computer skills are required in order to use a Windows program and input appropriate documentation.
Communication Skills: Basic oral and written communication skills are required in order to identify and communicate when there are problems with a machine, the quality of parts produced, in order to complete necessary paperwork, and able to follow specific instructions.
Nature and Length of Experience: Must have 6 months experience running and troubleshooting transfer presses with at least three years of experience with automated assembly equipment in a similar manufacturing environment is preferred.
1. Monitors the operation of an automated assembly line or machining equipment. Completes equipment set up procedures at the beginning of shift, identifies if there are any problems with assembly equipment operation during production, and examines finished parts for non-conformances.
2. Troubleshoots problems with the assembly equipment if problems with production or with the quality of the finished part exist.
3. Sets up automated equipment and enters appropriate program into the computer to indicate specifications required for production. Operates automated equipment assigned in a safe manner with little supervision. Clears machine of scrap material at regular intervals. Changes set ups when needed and assist in maintenance and repairs if possible.
4. Documents set-up information, problems, information and changes to set up procedures and improvements needed to the automated equipment.
5. Performs quality inspection of first-off and last-off products by checking specifications of desired product as per instructions. Inspects parts routinely as required throughout production. Completes necessary paperwork to indicate inspections were done and the quality of the produced part.
6. Assists maintenance and tooling personnel in troubleshooting production problems.
7. Assists Assembly Operators I by providing experience, expertise and advice in operating automated assembly equipment when necessary and required.
8. Following specific directions and tasks assigned.
9. Proper use of electronic data collection equipment.
10. Performs all duties within the 5S standards.
11. Following and performing the instructions as listed in the Work Area Reference Manual(s) applicable to the department.
12. Compliance to all company policies and procedures.
13. Responsible for working safely, complying with safety policies and procedures, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) required in the designated areas as per company policy.
14. Responsible for working safely and keeping a safe work area for themselves and fellow employees. Reporting any unsafe working conditions, practices, and work-related injuries immediately to his/her Supervisor or Manager.
15. Any other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Team Lead, Supervisor and Manager.