PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position of Shipper and Receiver is to support the Logistics, Shipping and Receiving department with packaging and administrative functions. The position ensures all products leaving PWO Canada Inc. have the necessary paperwork attached and meets all customer specific shipping requirements
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The position ensures that all incoming and outgoing goods meet all customer and work instruction specifications. It is vital that the position ensures all paperwork or data entry is completed as transactions are performed. The position will interact frequently with Quality Services personnel. Before items are shipped, Quality Services may perform last minute final inspection and hold the shipment. When the specifications of incoming materials is questionable when received, the position will contact Quality Services for advice about the acceptability of the materials. Common problems encountered by the position include dealing with truck drivers who can be impatient or surly and lack of space when moving/stacking bins. Internal contacts include personnel in the Quality Services, Production, and co-workers in the Logistics, Shipping and Receiving departments. External contacts include truck drivers.
The position completes his/her own work and does not co-ordinate the work of others. Decisions made by this position could impact the department in the short term.
Education: High School Diploma. Tow motor operator certification.
Knowledge and Skills: The incumbent must be competent in driving a tow motor. The position must have good knowledge of the MRP system.
Communication Skills: Moderate oral and written communication skills are required in order to take follow work instruction, take direction from his/her Supervisor and discuss any problems impeding job performance, and normal technical/business communication.
Nature and Length of Experience: At least one year of experience shipping and receiving in an automotive manufacturing environment is preferred.
1. Performs all shipping functions as required. Prepares all manufactured production parts and subcontracted parts for shipment by packing when necessary, weighing parts and loading shipments on trucks. Unloads the return of empty customer containers.
2. Performs all receiving functions as required. Unloads all raw materials from trucks and performs visual inspection of materials. Enters all raw material received into the MRP system. Identifies unacceptable incoming materials and stages acceptable materials.
3. Books back unused material from presses or machines into AS400.
4. Completes tumbling operations as required.
5. Stages all raw materials by ensuring the material is transported to production workstations.
6. Performs shipping paperwork as required.
7. Enters all data into the AS-400 to generate the necessary paperwork.
8. Completes receiving data entry for raw materials delivery or purchased parts.
9. Proper use of electronic data collection equipment.
10.Performs all duties within the 5S standards.
11. Performs other job-related duties as may be required from time to time as directed by Logistic Supervisor and Manager.
12. Compliance to all company policies and procedures.
13.Responsible for working safely, complying with safety policies and procedures, and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) required in the designated areas as per company policy.
14. Responsible for working safely and keeping a safe work area for themselves and fellow employees. Reporting any unsafe working conditions, practices, and work-related injuries immediately to his/her Supervisor or Manager.
15. Any other job-related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and Manager.