We are small team of passionate design professionals and strategy-savvy marketing industry veterans, situated in Olde Whitby, Ontario. We specialize in brand stewardship, brand creation/extensions, print and outdoor advertising, in-store, digital and consumer promotions. Our clients include a diverse group of industry leaders across a broad range of sectors, including OTC pharma, alcoholic beverage, packaged foods, confectionery, consumer electronics, food service, household products and gambling awareness.
We are looking for a self-starting, enthusiastic and detailed-oriented graphic designer to join our core team on a contract basis. In this role, the designer is responsible for producing strong design solutions and print-ready artwork production material in line with pre-established design standards and/or original creative direction as mandated by a broad range of project requirements.
The ideal candidate will have an online portfolio that is creative, current and diverse, both in print work as well as web-based applications.
- Help define our visual language across all customer touch points.
- Work in tandem with CD to further explore and refine on-going design concepts.
- Responsible for creative and design development and print-ready art production prep across a range of media (including publication, corporate literature, annual reports, consumer goods and beverage beverage packaging, POP display, direct mail).
- Work on a variety of digital production-based design projects (web and email).
- Follow established designed guidelines, work with Principal/CD, collaborate with client, photographers, copywriters, and other digital media partners to ensure design concepts deliver overall creative and business objectives.
- Prepare sample mockups for client presentation.
- Overseeing specific project management, liasoning directly with the client on on-going project development.
- Responsible for on-going administrative requirements of a project, including on-going email correspondence, filing, time tracking, archiving digital files etc.
- Graphic Design degree or equivalent diploma.
- 3-4 years of professional studio experience.
- Extremely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Flash, HTML/CSS skills are a plus.
- Strong passion for great visual design, layout and typography with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment, while being comfortable in working independently and in collaboration.
- Strong desire to learn and grow.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills.
We need to see your work to know if you are a good fit for our team! Email us a link to your online portfolio or attach some examples of work directly to your resume document. For more information check us out at www.pvwdesign.ca.
Please note that only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.