pt Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

I gained lots of very valuable experience.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2014
I loved my job,working with seniors it's truly my passion.Before all that OHIP cuts happened I really loved to wake up and go to work every morning.I was truly blesses with the best co-workers person could ask for.And at the end of the day when I was going home I knew I made some difference in resident's life.The hardest part on this job was when some of my clients were passing away,lots of them they only had us - staff to talk to them which made everything more sad when they had to leave us.
Pros
no weekends, great team to work with
Cons
no brakes
Internship Experience at PT Health
Physiotherapy Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 March 2014
The staff at PT Health are very welcoming and friendly.

I learned how to demonstrate therapeutic exercises, techniques of using modalities ( ultrasound, TENS)

Prepared hot packs for clients when needed

Basic filing and learned how to schedule appointments

Cleaning on equipment and beds. Did laundry when possible
Refilled ultrasound gel bottles
Pros
You get to work with a professional and friendly staff that got along with each other
Cons
The clinic was slow when appointments were cancelled
Friendly work place
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 July 2013
This company was a great company to work for. The department I was in was a newer addition when I started. It quickly expanded and days were quick paced. I took patient calls for multiple clinics Canada wide, whether it be booking or cancelling patient appointments or answering patient / potential patient inquiries. The people that I worked with were great people and they taught me a lot. Calls would become more frequent the more clinics we took on and could be hard at times, but if you managed your time efficiently and worked with the other employees calls could be answered and handled in a timely manner.
Satisfying and interesting place to work.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON13 September 2013
A typical day at work was 08:00-16:30, Mon-Fri. Working with a mostly geriatric population and/or those with varying levels of physical, mental and emotional abilities.

I learned a great deal about working with and around numerous (sometimes) conflicting schedules, resident interaction and time management.

The hardest part of this job was having residents pass away.

The best part of this job was working with the residents and being able to help them.
Pros
Working with the residents.
Cons
Dealing with resident mortaliy.
Loved working with all the people at the nursing home
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 November 2013
provided exercise programs individual and group, , interacted with the residents, helped to maintain a daily routine.Learned to appreciate our seniors, my co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when my resident was sick or passed away, most enjoyable was just spending time with them all.
Pros
spending time with the seniors
Cons
would of liked more advancement, more responsibilities
Great People, good enviornment but very unorganized
Patient Care Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 August 2013
I had worked at PT Health starting as a part time agent for a new project of a Patient Care Centre and ended my time there as a Supervisor. I worked with great people and had a really good boss. My co-workers became my friends and I was comfortable confronting my boss about concerns that I felt needed to be addressed in any aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job was the constant daily changes. One minute were relaying one bit of information to patients and the next its wrong and there's a new policy, The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I worked with, they kept you motivated and were there to help each other. I feel that is essential in an office to keep it functional and running smooth.
Even though I gained great experience working for ptHealth, the management and company as a whole was challenging to work with.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC31 January 2014
I worked at a Physiotherapy Support Personnel for ptHealth where I was an exercise specialist who would work alongside a physiotherapist to treat patients with orthopaedic injuries. We would work with private patients as well as patients through ICBC and WCB so there was some paperwork and communication with third parties involved as well. I worked at the New Westminster location and absolutely loved my coworkers. At my clinic, we had two physiotherapists, two massage therapists, two medical office assistants and myself.

With a wage freeze, and knowing that the most I would make would be $20/hr as a Kinesiologist, I knew that I had to move on and get another job with more promise.
Bringing happiness to people on a daily basis
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 August 2012
On a daily basis, I got to bring happiness to someone's life-brighten that persons day just by spending some time with a resident. Management was good. Co-workers were nice. I learned that I can bring joy to someone just by simply listening to them for a bit and doing the little things I can for someone.
Concerned with quantity over quality
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwestern Ontario27 August 2013
Worked for this company on two separate occasions for a total of 3 years. Was a very numbers-driven company. No employee retention whatsoever. Turnover in PSP's is very high due to low wages and no job security. Will never work for them again
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low wage

2.4