pt Health

pt Health Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Incompetent management
independent contractor (Current Employee), Newmarket OntarioJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great coworkers! lots of sharing of knowledge, cooperating. very supportive environment with coworkers
Cons: brutal management, drones who only know their little script and know nothing at all about healthcare, incapable of making an intelligent decision on their own, must follow chain of command and call the drone above you, can't get anyone with authority or knowledge, takes weeks for answers.
This is healthcare run by a corporation with corporate values/mentality. Very frustrating company to work for. No job security. Management has little to no knowledge about healthcare and related policies, restrictions etc.

Chose independent contractor rather than employee status, and spent 3 months trying to educate them about the fact that they have – more... to pay HST on taxable services. Hit my head against that brick wall until my immediate manager thankfully left and the next person understood instantly and situation was rectified

Impossible to get to speak to anyone except your direct superior, so if they are ignorant, it's hopeless because they take your concerns to the next level and because of their ignorance, are incapable of representing your concern.

Had to resubmit my taxes thanks to their incompetence. In 18 years as an independent contractor I've never had a company provide me with a T4A and i submit my earnings myself. This company submitted a T4A to the government for my earnings, but did not send one to me so the government considered that i did not claim that income and my assessment showed me owing taxes on all my ptHealth earnings for the year! What's worse is it was a completely arbitrary number they submitted as my total earnings that didn't add up to anything like what i had been paid or what i had claimed on taxes (thankfully their made up number was less than what I'd actually earned and submitted or it would have caused me a lot more trouble to fix it and prove the income i actually did make)

Impossible to get answers, or talk to anyone in charge of decision making. It's a corporate structure where each person in management knows their tiny little bit of drone information and because they have no working knowledge of healthcare, they are actually fairly useless as managers.

Loved the colleagues i worked with. Great team. But any time healthcare is run as a corporation, an actual healthcare worker is going to end up frustrated by the bureaucracy (end up doing more paper work than actual actual treatments. It's all about numbers/dollars) – less
Learned a lot from my placement with pt Health!
PT Student (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere to work in!
Cons: i had to leave
During my placement I was provided ample opportunity to practice my differential diagnosis skills. I was taught so many great new skills and given the time to make sure I was comfortable and competant.

The clinic team was amazing to work with and super helpful!
GREAT COMPANY CULTURE & INTEGRATED TEAM APPROACH
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Halifax NSMay 15, 2014
"I really enjoyed my time with pt Health. Cowie Hill has an inviting atmosphere, and most patients enjoy coming for treatment as well as an opportunity to socialize"
Different than anywhere I've been
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), HamiltonMay 15, 2014
Pros: the staff, the clients, the constant communication
I liked that the clinic used an integrative approach with other health care professionals who were always helpful and available for questions/practical learning.
Great company to work for
Therapist (Former Employee), Eastern OntarioMay 13, 2014
1) One-on-one direct supervision that gradually progressed to indirect supervision
2) Knowledgeable and experienced physiotherapists and PSPs
3) Diverse and varied caseload
4) Wealth of resources to consult with on the ptHealth Portal
5) Development of clinical patterns
6) Exposure to practice management (i.e. caseload management, charting policies, – more... billing practices, role of human resource management) – less
I gained lots of very valuable experience.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: no weekends, great team to work with
Cons: no brakes
I loved my job,working with seniors it's truly my passion.Before all that OHIP cuts happened I really loved to wake up and go to work every morning.I was truly blesses with the best co-workers person could ask for.And at the end of the day when I was going home I knew I made some difference in resident's life.The hardest part on this job was when some – more... of my clients were passing away,lots of them they only had us - staff to talk to them which made everything more sad when they had to leave us. – less
Internship Experience at PT Health
Physiotherapy Assistant Internship (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: you get to work with a professional and friendly staff that got along with each other
Cons: the clinic was slow when appointments were cancelled
The staff at PT Health are very welcoming and friendly.

I learned how to demonstrate therapeutic exercises, techniques of using modalities ( ultrasound, TENS)

Prepared hot packs for clients when needed

Basic filing and learned how to schedule appointments

Cleaning on equipment and beds. Did laundry when possible
Refilled ultrasound gel bottles
Even though I gained great experience working for ptHealth, the management and company as a whole was challenging to work with.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJanuary 31, 2014
I worked at a Physiotherapy Support Personnel for ptHealth where I was an exercise specialist who would work alongside a physiotherapist to treat patients with orthopaedic injuries. We would work with private patients as well as patients through ICBC and WCB so there was some paperwork and communication with third parties involved as well. I worked – more... at the New Westminster location and absolutely loved my coworkers. At my clinic, we had two physiotherapists, two massage therapists, two medical office assistants and myself.

With a wage freeze, and knowing that the most I would make would be $20/hr as a Kinesiologist, I knew that I had to move on and get another job with more promise. – less
Loved working with all the people at the nursing home
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee), Brockville, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: spending time with the seniors
Cons: would of liked more advancement, more responsibilities
provided exercise programs individual and group, , interacted with the residents, helped to maintain a daily routine.Learned to appreciate our seniors, my co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when my resident was sick or passed away, most enjoyable was just spending time with them all.
Satisfying and interesting place to work.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee), Ridgetown, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: working with the residents.
Cons: dealing with resident mortaliy.
A typical day at work was 08:00-16:30, Mon-Fri. Working with a mostly geriatric population and/or those with varying levels of physical, mental and emotional abilities.

I learned a great deal about working with and around numerous (sometimes) conflicting schedules, resident interaction and time management.

The hardest part of this job was having residents – more... pass away.

The best part of this job was working with the residents and being able to help them. – less
Concerned with quantity over quality
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee), Southwestern OntarioAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: low wage
Worked for this company on two separate occasions for a total of 3 years. Was a very numbers-driven company. No employee retention whatsoever. Turnover in PSP's is very high due to low wages and no job security. Will never work for them again
Great People, good enviornment but very unorganized
Patient Care Centre Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2013
I had worked at PT Health starting as a part time agent for a new project of a Patient Care Centre and ended my time there as a Supervisor. I worked with great people and had a really good boss. My co-workers became my friends and I was comfortable confronting my boss about concerns that I felt needed to be addressed in any aspect of the job. The hardest – more... part of the job was the constant daily changes. One minute were relaying one bit of information to patients and the next its wrong and there's a new policy, The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I worked with, they kept you motivated and were there to help each other. I feel that is essential in an office to keep it functional and running smooth. – less
Friendly work place
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2013
This company was a great company to work for. The department I was in was a newer addition when I started. It quickly expanded and days were quick paced. I took patient calls for multiple clinics Canada wide, whether it be booking or cancelling patient appointments or answering patient / potential patient inquiries. The people that I worked with were – more... great people and they taught me a lot. Calls would become more frequent the more clinics we took on and could be hard at times, but if you managed your time efficiently and worked with the other employees calls could be answered and handled in a timely manner. – less
Bringing happiness to people on a daily basis
Kinesiologist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2012
On a daily basis, I got to bring happiness to someone's life-brighten that persons day just by spending some time with a resident. Management was good. Co-workers were nice. I learned that I can bring joy to someone just by simply listening to them for a bit and doing the little things I can for someone.

About pt Health

Now one of the fastest growing health care companies in Canada, pt Health Care Solutions has grown from a single clinic in 1995 – Read more