pt Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 June 2017
I have worked with the company as a volunteer, physiotherapy assistant and physiotherapist. I have had nothing but positive experiences. pt Health has built a supportive network to help you along the way. They offer competitive pay, discounts on home/car insurance, cell phone, Mark's and health care benefits. There are options for group RRSP and you are paid hourly/salary so you always know your income. They also encourage you to take additional course by offering education allowances each year. Another perk is you get to work with an interdisciplinary team and they have opportunities across the country.
Patient Coordinator
Patient Coo (Current Employee) –  Alberta15 June 2017
Poor pay for an immense workload. No room for advancement after promises from management. Received one raise after over 2 years of employment and unfortunately in Alberta there is a very scarce workforce so almost forced to stay in a position with little pay.

Patient Coordinators are hired right out of school with little to no office experience and totally incompetent.

Patients are great and majority of coworkers are great but be prepared to be stabbed in the back and cut down at every opportunity.

Try to stand up for yourself and be made to feel like you are a 'tattle tale'. Definitely high school all over again and one of the worse places I have worked for in over 20 years.
Pros
Great patients and CTM is very nice and able to talk to but has no pull
Cons
Poor hiring choices
Awful place to work
PT call center (Former Employee) –  55 frid street7 March 2017
The culture at this place is horrendous. In terms of professionalism its awful as well. The work life balance is great though but just get ready to get mico manged for low pay. This job should be short term its not ideal to make a living. Management is just as bad
Pros
Not much
Cons
Wage, micro management, awful culture
Short-term OK, Long-term Stay Away!
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
The co-workers are (usually) great. The patients are (usually) great. Past that, the job paid better than most, but had unreasonably high expectations oftentimes, and really didn't come through for their employees when necessary.
Many broken promises for future advancement. Consistent deflection on renumeration and raises for "exceptional work" while the directors get perks and bonuses that really aren't merited.
Within the same position, expect to do the job of 10 other people. The company will constantly strive to put more on your plate until you can't stack any higher, and then they'll tuck things under your arms as they change your role again.
The company is unwilling to invest money in itself to improve, and just expects employees to pick up extra duties to fill those gaps.
Some of the staff are amazing, but the company culture is like a popularity contest. The CEO simply cherry-picks her favourites, promoting and siding with them while any imagined slight is held against you.
Proven loyalty to the company is not valued as the hardest workers get their souls sucked directly from them while being pushed to work harder without compensation, acknowledgement or appreciation.

Head office positions will be rife with petty conflict and office politics, while clinics receive no support and get neglected.
That being said, there are some good times to be had if you love frustrating management, and don't have any future aspirations.
Pros
PCC pay is decent to start, Some amazing co-workers, There's a food truck that comes by occasionally
Cons
Raises don't exist, Constantly changing job responsibilities, Disconnect between management and everyone else, The food truck meals can be pretty heavy
Great place to work with excellent opportunites to grow and develop
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia23 August 2016
Have been working for this company since I graduated! Have had a wonderful experience both professionally and personally. Great environment to work in with caring and compassionate tea members/managers.

Have been recommending that my friends and family work with pt Health for years!!
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Extended opportunities for growth
Worst place I've ever worked in 25 yrs of experience
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  AB18 August 2016
Pay is terrible for all employees and contractors. The company refuses to give raises even when they authorised proceeding with increases. There is always some last minute, bs excuse as to why they can't follow thru on it and must postpone wage increases until....until what we never know. I'm guessing it's more important to pay shareholders than the people who do the actual work.

Management is the worst I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in 25 yrs of being in the field. At clinic level they are incompetent, unmotivated, condescending, narcissistic, and generally not fit to be a manager or a clinician. The managers are always a physio or chiro that works at the clinic so they split their time between patient care and micromanagement. Micromanagement is a gross understatement of what occurred at my clinic. The entire staff is perpetually seeking employment elsewhere which in AB is very difficult right now due to the oil industry busting the economy. When the staff has unanimously agreed to cover for one another with the manager when someone has an interview during their shift you know it's bad.

Upper management has absolutely zero interest in what actually happens at the clinics. The gospel according to inept clinic managers is all they rely on and they disregard anyone else at the clinic that reaches out for support.

Patient care comes a very distant second to milking health benefits dry. Quantity over quality every single time. If you don't have the volume of clients that the company feels you should have, you get reprimanded. Absolutely
  more... absurd on every level.  less
Pros
Nice patients, some kind colleagues
Cons
Poor compensation, excruciatingly bad management, long hrs, no long term career potential
Official response from pt Health
30 August 2016

We take feedback from our teams seriously and find your comments concerning. We would like to know more information so that we can look into these issues and address them. If you are open to a discussion, please contact HR by calling 905-523-5777.

Pleased with time at pt Health
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 August 2016
pt Health has been very supportive of work place professional development. Do not know where I would be without pt Health!! :)
Great place to work!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 July 2016
pt Health has a great corporate culture, it's a really fun place to work and everyone is supportive. Management is really attentive and keen on giving you the opportunity to learn and grow within your role and within the company. A great place to work if you like taking on new challenges and being busy.
Pros
Professional development opportunities, fun
Cons
In Hamilton
Terrible Company With Horrible Management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alberta15 July 2016
I have worked for pt Health for a few years as a therapist and in that time it has gone from bad to worse. It's a publicly traded company which pretty much says it all. I can't post details in this forum but don't take my word for it. Google pt health shares.
Beyond that, working at clinic level proves to be nothing short of disappointing, frustrating, futile. Patients are pumped through as fast as possible with physios expected to see 6 + patients per hour. Some have a kin to assist and some do not. Kins are completely taken advantage of and paid poorly, as are the office admin personnel. No respect or reasonable salary/compensation for the employees or contractors resulting in a significant turn-over. There is no support for employees at clinic level so good luck having any kind of meaningful conversation about issues in the clinic. If you are stuck with an incompetent manager you may as well just walk out the door because nothing will get done and problems will never get passed on to upper management because clinic managers will never acknowledge that they can't do their job.
Avoid at all costs.
Be aware of the common practice of posting glorious reviews by marketing staff, mangers at clinic level and family members of staff on Google as well as Indeed.
Cons
bad management, prioritize quantity over quality, bad wages, no support
Great place for professional development
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 July 2016
pt Health provides a lot of ways for you to advance in your position, including continuing education allowances. The best part of this job is the people. Everyone is really great and supportive.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough time to get things done during the day, but not expected to stay late.
Okay job, minimal pay
PC (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 June 2016
Innocare (the NEW program PT Health has designed) is a joke, can't work half the time. The work load gets piled up and pay stays the same. No room for growth, no raises after you've worked your butt off for years. They take away co-workers and double the work load with no compensation. They will pay the physiotherapists the most and everyone else basically works for minimum wage when you should be paid $20/hr. No one knows what they're doing half the time. If you consider working here be ready to figure out things on your own and make things up as you go because no one has the right answer for you.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Nothing working properly and not being able to do your job b/c something doesn't work EVERYDAY
absolute worst place to work for.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2016
being a patient coordinator at the northwest location is the ABSOLUTE WORSE!

long hours, management is incredibly rubbish and non existent! and it felt like i was in high school all over again. the entire "team" is very very cliquey and they look down on you. worst of all, the clinical manager is a woman and asked me as a fellow woman as well if i had any kids during my interview. are you unaware of what type of questions to ask during interviews? only two kins deemed friendly. the day staff is incredibly rude and will not train you properly so you're left to fend for yourself. honestly, there are no pro's working for this location. i wouldn't recommend at all. if you have complaints and send it to HR coordinator, they will not care.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, terrible management, unfriendly staff
short lived
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 April 2016
I worked there as a temp to fill in for someone's vacation time. I learned new office procedures and did filing appointments and answered phones
Pros
learning experience
Cons
was only a temp position
Horrible Company, Don't do it.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
I worked at PtHealth for two years. It was my most depression plagued two years of my life. No joke. I was a Patient Coordinator, and I was constantly crapped on by the company. There is a massive disconnect between head office and the clinics. I know for absolute fact that the previous CEO was the one responsible for a number of the positive reviews on this site. Beware.

They expect a lot from their PC's, and pay horribly. They don't give raises anymore unless you meet goals they set for you. Which isn't ethical, raises are based on past performance, not future.
They make you work 11 hour days, so be prepared to be exhausted by Friday. They don't encourage personal growth. PC's have no where to move up to. There isn't any continuing education relevant to the PC position.

It's honestly one of the worst employment situations I have been in. It was on par with a job I had at 13 years old bundling roses for 8 hours a day standing on concrete floors. Except, the flower job paid more, and that was 15 years previous!
Cons
Long hours, pay, head office, culture
Don't work here
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville & Oshawa, ON27 February 2016
Bad place to work. Patient Coordinators aren't allowed to take breaks or have a lunch hour. Shifts were always 8 to 9 hours long & you work alone with no relief. If you had to go to the washroom, you had to run & if a patient came in while you were gone, you got the third degree.
You aren't only the patient coordinator, receptionist & administrative assistant, you are also the cleaner & laundress.
Pay is only $12/hr & they won't give full time hours. Only individuals who do work full time (2) only make $12/hr as well.
I don't recommend working for this company unless you are desperate & are still looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
Most Physiotherapists are nice
Cons
No lunch hr or breaks (incl. washroom breaks) even though shifts are 8 to 9 hrs.
Good place to work, people are freindly and helpful
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON30 December 2015
The job is pretty good, sometimes hectic but overall a good place to work.
I learned 2 new programs.
Hardest part is getting everything done before end of day.
Pros
Many clinics in Ontario
Cons
Salary not the best
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  2015 mount forest ave4 September 2015
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community, developed a strong bond with returning clients and co-workers
A lot of travel
Medical Office Assistant/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC6 February 2015
Working for this company allowed me to visit and work for many of the pt Health clinics in the lower mainland. So flexibility is required. The great thing about this work place is you get variety. I learned that working for this company is a little exhausting with the traveling but they do reimburse you for mileage so that's a good thing. Management is okay they are unable to supervise you in person.
Pros
Reimbursement for mileage
Cons
Travelling
Great place
Physiotherapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2015
Lots of room for advancement, great pay and support. I loved all of my residents. Did exercise class, as well as 1:1 attention.
Incompetent management
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket Ontario10 July 2014
This is healthcare run by a corporation with corporate values/mentality. Very frustrating company to work for. No job security. Management has little to no knowledge about healthcare and related policies, restrictions etc.

Chose independent contractor rather than employee status, and spent 3 months trying to educate them about the fact that they have to pay HST on taxable services. Hit my head against that brick wall until my immediate manager thankfully left and the next person understood instantly and situation was rectified

Impossible to get to speak to anyone except your direct superior, so if they are ignorant, it's hopeless because they take your concerns to the next level and because of their ignorance, are incapable of representing your concern.

Had to resubmit my taxes thanks to their incompetence. In 18 years as an independent contractor I've never had a company provide me with a T4A and i submit my earnings myself. This company submitted a T4A to the government for my earnings, but did not send one to me so the government considered that i did not claim that income and my assessment showed me owing taxes on all my ptHealth earnings for the year! What's worse is it was a completely arbitrary number they submitted as my total earnings that didn't add up to anything like what i had been paid or what i had claimed on taxes (thankfully their made up number was less than what I'd actually earned and submitted or it would have caused me a lot more trouble to fix it and prove the income i actually did make)

Impossible to get answers, or talk to anyone in charge
  more... of decision making. It's a corporate structure where each person in management knows their tiny little bit of drone information and because they have no working knowledge of healthcare, they are actually fairly useless as managers.

Loved the colleagues i worked with. Great team. But any time healthcare is run as a corporation, an actual healthcare worker is going to end up frustrated by the bureaucracy (end up doing more paper work than actual actual treatments. It's all about numbers/dollars)
Pros
Great coworkers! Lots of sharing of knowledge, cooperating. Very supportive environment with coworkers
Cons
Brutal management, drones who only know their little script and know nothing at all about healthcare, incapable of making an intelligent decision on their own, MUST follow chain of command and call the drone above you, can't get anyone with authority or knowledge, takes weeks for answers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at pt Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9