pt Health Employee Reviews in Canada

absolute worst place to work for.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
being a patient coordinator at the northwest location is the ABSOLUTE WORSE!

long hours, management is incredibly rubbish and non existent! and it felt like i was in high school all over again. the entire "team" is very very cliquey and they look down on you. worst of all, the clinical manager is a woman and asked me as a fellow woman as well if i had any kids during my interview. are you unaware of what type of questions to ask during interviews? only two kins deemed friendly. the day staff is incredibly rude and will not train you properly so you're left to fend for yourself. honestly, there are no pro's working for this location. i wouldn't recommend at all. if you have complaints and send it to HR coordinator, they will not care.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, terrible management, unfriendly staff
short lived
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 5, 2016
I worked there as a temp to fill in for someone's vacation time. I learned new office procedures and did filing appointments and answered phones
Pros
learning experience
Cons
was only a temp position
Horrible Company, Don't do it.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
I worked at PtHealth for two years. It was my most depression plagued two years of my life. No joke. I was a Patient Coordinator, and I was constantly crapped on by the company. There is a massive disconnect between head office and the clinics. I know for absolute fact that the previous CEO was the one responsible for a number of the positive reviews on this site. Beware.

They expect a lot from their PC's, and pay horribly. They don't give raises anymore unless you meet goals they set for you. Which isn't ethical, raises are based on past performance, not future.
They make you work 11 hour days, so be prepared to be exhausted by Friday. They don't encourage personal growth. PC's have no where to move up to. There isn't any continuing education relevant to the PC position.

It's honestly one of the worst employment situations I have been in. It was on par with a job I had at 13 years old bundling roses for 8 hours a day standing on concrete floors. Except, the flower job paid more, and that was 15 years previous!
Cons
Long hours, pay, head office, culture
Don't work here
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville & Oshawa, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Bad place to work. Patient Coordinators aren't allowed to take breaks or have a lunch hour. Shifts were always 8 to 9 hours long & you work alone with no relief. If you had to go to the washroom, you had to run & if a patient came in while you were gone, you got the third degree.
You aren't only the patient coordinator, receptionist & administrative assistant, you are also the cleaner & laundress.
Pay is only $12/hr & they won't give full time hours. Only individuals who do work full time (2) only make $12/hr as well.
I don't recommend working for this company unless you are desperate & are still looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
Most Physiotherapists are nice
Cons
No lunch hr or breaks (incl. washroom breaks) even though shifts are 8 to 9 hrs.
Fun workplace but horrible management!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 17, 2016
It started off okay but than the company started cutting my hours drastically! Another receptionist was getting all the hours including all of mine which left me with only 1-2 shifts a week. That receptionist had the upper hand in everything due to a certain relationship. Working for a company this big you would think that they follow the regulation and workplace policy's yet the receptionist had a intimate relationship with one of the regional managers which made the workplace very uncomfortable at times. I wouldn't suggest working for a company like this especially if management doesn't take the workplace seriously. It really shows you how professional this company really is. All of my co workers were great to work with which made the workplace better.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
The pay wasn't good, management was the worse
Good place to work, people are freindly and helpful
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONDecember 30, 2015
The job is pretty good, sometimes hectic but overall a good place to work.
I learned 2 new programs.
Hardest part is getting everything done before end of day.
Pros
Many clinics in Ontario
Cons
Salary not the best
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  2015 mount forest aveSeptember 4, 2015
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community, developed a strong bond with returning clients and co-workers
A lot of travel
Medical Office Assistant/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Working for this company allowed me to visit and work for many of the pt Health clinics in the lower mainland. So flexibility is required. The great thing about this work place is you get variety. I learned that working for this company is a little exhausting with the traveling but they do reimburse you for mileage so that's a good thing. Management is okay they are unable to supervise you in person.
Pros
reimbursement for mileage
Cons
travelling
Great place
Physiotherapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Lots of room for advancement, great pay and support. I loved all of my residents. Did exercise class, as well as 1:1 attention.
Incompetent management
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket OntarioJuly 10, 2014
This is healthcare run by a corporation with corporate values/mentality. Very frustrating company to work for. No job security. Management has little to no knowledge about healthcare and related policies, restrictions etc.

Chose independent contractor rather than employee status, and spent 3 months trying to educate them about the fact that they have to pay HST on taxable services. Hit my head against that brick wall until my immediate manager thankfully left and the next person understood instantly and situation was rectified

Impossible to get to speak to anyone except your direct superior, so if they are ignorant, it's hopeless because they take your concerns to the next level and because of their ignorance, are incapable of representing your concern.

Had to resubmit my taxes thanks to their incompetence. In 18 years as an independent contractor I've never had a company provide me with a T4A and i submit my earnings myself. This company submitted a T4A to the government for my earnings, but did not send one to me so the government considered that i did not claim that income and my assessment showed me owing taxes on all my ptHealth earnings for the year! What's worse is it was a completely arbitrary number they submitted as my total earnings that didn't add up to anything like what i had been paid or what i had claimed on taxes (thankfully their made up number was less than what I'd actually earned and submitted or it would have caused me a lot more trouble to fix it and prove the income i actually did make)

Impossible to get answers, or talk to anyone in charge of decision
  more... making. It's a corporate structure where each person in management knows their tiny little bit of drone information and because they have no working knowledge of healthcare, they are actually fairly useless as managers.

Loved the colleagues i worked with. Great team. But any time healthcare is run as a corporation, an actual healthcare worker is going to end up frustrated by the bureaucracy (end up doing more paper work than actual actual treatments. It's all about numbers/dollars)
Pros
great coworkers! lots of sharing of knowledge, cooperating. very supportive environment with coworkers
Cons
brutal management, drones who only know their little script and know nothing at all about healthcare, incapable of making an intelligent decision on their own, must follow chain of command and call the drone above you, can't get anyone with authority or knowledge, takes weeks for answers.
Great culture/positive work place environment
physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  melrose physioMay 20, 2014
I had a great experience and hated to leave!
Flexible work hours
Lots of opportunity for mentorship/personal growth, provided education funding to advance my skills
Really positive work environment- I felt very lucky to work with a group of coworkers that I really got along with
Learned a lot from my placement with pt Health!
PT Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 16, 2014
During my placement I was provided ample opportunity to practice my differential diagnosis skills. I was taught so many great new skills and given the time to make sure I was comfortable and competant.

The clinic team was amazing to work with and super helpful!
Pros
great atmosphere to work in!
Cons
i had to leave
GREAT COMPANY CULTURE & INTEGRATED TEAM APPROACH
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Halifax NSMay 15, 2014
"I really enjoyed my time with pt Health. Cowie Hill has an inviting atmosphere, and most patients enjoy coming for treatment as well as an opportunity to socialize"
Different than anywhere I've been
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  HamiltonMay 15, 2014
I liked that the clinic used an integrative approach with other health care professionals who were always helpful and available for questions/practical learning.
Pros
the staff, the clients, the constant communication
Great company to work for
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioMay 13, 2014
1) One-on-one direct supervision that gradually progressed to indirect supervision
2) Knowledgeable and experienced physiotherapists and PSPs
3) Diverse and varied caseload
4) Wealth of resources to consult with on the ptHealth Portal
5) Development of clinical patterns
6) Exposure to practice management (i.e. caseload management, charting policies, billing practices, role of human resource management)
I gained lots of very valuable experience.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 12, 2014
I loved my job,working with seniors it's truly my passion.Before all that OHIP cuts happened I really loved to wake up and go to work every morning.I was truly blesses with the best co-workers person could ask for.And at the end of the day when I was going home I knew I made some difference in resident's life.The hardest part on this job was when some of my clients were passing away,lots of them they only had us - staff to talk to them which made everything more sad when they had to leave us.
Pros
no weekends, great team to work with
Cons
no brakes
Internship Experience at PT Health
Physiotherapy Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 30, 2014
The staff at PT Health are very welcoming and friendly.

I learned how to demonstrate therapeutic exercises, techniques of using modalities ( ultrasound, TENS)

Prepared hot packs for clients when needed

Basic filing and learned how to schedule appointments

Cleaning on equipment and beds. Did laundry when possible
Refilled ultrasound gel bottles
Pros
you get to work with a professional and friendly staff that got along with each other
Cons
the clinic was slow when appointments were cancelled
Even though I gained great experience working for ptHealth, the management and company as a whole was challenging to work with.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 31, 2014
I worked at a Physiotherapy Support Personnel for ptHealth where I was an exercise specialist who would work alongside a physiotherapist to treat patients with orthopaedic injuries. We would work with private patients as well as patients through ICBC and WCB so there was some paperwork and communication with third parties involved as well. I worked at the New Westminster location and absolutely loved my coworkers. At my clinic, we had two physiotherapists, two massage therapists, two medical office assistants and myself.

With a wage freeze, and knowing that the most I would make would be $20/hr as a Kinesiologist, I knew that I had to move on and get another job with more promise.
Loved working with all the people at the nursing home
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONNovember 5, 2013
provided exercise programs individual and group, , interacted with the residents, helped to maintain a daily routine.Learned to appreciate our seniors, my co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when my resident was sick or passed away, most enjoyable was just spending time with them all.
Pros
spending time with the seniors
Cons
would of liked more advancement, more responsibilities
Concerned with quantity over quality
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwestern OntarioAugust 27, 2013
Worked for this company on two separate occasions for a total of 3 years. Was a very numbers-driven company. No employee retention whatsoever. Turnover in PSP's is very high due to low wages and no job security. Will never work for them again
Pros
good hours
Cons
low wage