pt Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible Company, Don't do it.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
I worked at PtHealth for two years. It was my most depression plagued two years of my life. No joke. I was a Patient Coordinator, and I was constantly crapped on by the company. There is a massive disconnect between head office and the clinics. I know for absolute fact that the previous CEO was the one responsible for a number of the positive reviews on this site. Beware.

They expect a lot from their PC's, and pay horribly. They don't give raises anymore unless you meet goals they set for you. Which isn't ethical, raises are based on past performance, not future.
They make you work 11 hour days, so be prepared to be exhausted by Friday. They don't encourage personal growth. PC's have no where to move up to. There isn't any continuing education relevant to the PC position.

It's honestly one of the worst employment situations I have been in. It was on par with a job I had at 13 years old bundling roses for 8 hours a day standing on concrete floors. Except, the flower job paid more, and that was 15 years previous!
Cons
Long hours, pay, head office, culture
Good place to work, people are freindly and helpful
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONDecember 30, 2015
The job is pretty good, sometimes hectic but overall a good place to work.
I learned 2 new programs.
Hardest part is getting everything done before end of day.
Pros
Many clinics in Ontario
Cons
Salary not the best
Okay job, minimal pay
PC (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 4, 2016
Innocare (the NEW program PT Health has designed) is a joke, can't work half the time. The work load gets piled up and pay stays the same. No room for growth, no raises after you've worked your butt off for years. They take away co-workers and double the work load with no compensation. They will pay the physiotherapists the most and everyone else basically works for minimum wage when you should be paid $20/hr. No one knows what they're doing half the time. If you consider working here be ready to figure out things on your own and make things up as you go because no one has the right answer for you.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Nothing working properly and not being able to do your job b/c something doesn't work EVERYDAY
absolute worst place to work for.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
being a patient coordinator at the northwest location is the ABSOLUTE WORSE!

long hours, management is incredibly rubbish and non existent! and it felt like i was in high school all over again. the entire "team" is very very cliquey and they look down on you. worst of all, the clinical manager is a woman and asked me as a fellow woman as well if i had any kids during my interview. are you unaware of what type of questions to ask during interviews? only two kins deemed friendly. the day staff is incredibly rude and will not train you properly so you're left to fend for yourself. honestly, there are no pro's working for this location. i wouldn't recommend at all. if you have complaints and send it to HR coordinator, they will not care.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, terrible management, unfriendly staff
Don't work here
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville & Oshawa, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Bad place to work. Patient Coordinators aren't allowed to take breaks or have a lunch hour. Shifts were always 8 to 9 hours long & you work alone with no relief. If you had to go to the washroom, you had to run & if a patient came in while you were gone, you got the third degree.
You aren't only the patient coordinator, receptionist & administrative assistant, you are also the cleaner & laundress.
Pay is only $12/hr & they won't give full time hours. Only individuals who do work full time (2) only make $12/hr as well.
I don't recommend working for this company unless you are desperate & are still looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
Most Physiotherapists are nice
Cons
No lunch hr or breaks (incl. washroom breaks) even though shifts are 8 to 9 hrs.
Great place to work with excellent opportunites to grow and develop
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Nova ScotiaAugust 23, 2016
Have been working for this company since I graduated! Have had a wonderful experience both professionally and personally. Great environment to work in with caring and compassionate tea members/managers.

Have been recommending that my friends and family work with pt Health for years!!
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Extended opportunities for growth
Great place to work!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 26, 2016
pt Health has a great corporate culture, it's a really fun place to work and everyone is supportive. Management is really attentive and keen on giving you the opportunity to learn and grow within your role and within the company. A great place to work if you like taking on new challenges and being busy.
Pros
Professional development opportunities, fun
Cons
In Hamilton
Great place for professional development
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 12, 2016
pt Health provides a lot of ways for you to advance in your position, including continuing education allowances. The best part of this job is the people. Everyone is really great and supportive.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough time to get things done during the day, but not expected to stay late.
Terrible Company With Horrible Management
Therapist (Current Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 15, 2016
I have worked for pt Health for a few years as a therapist and in that time it has gone from bad to worse. It's a publicly traded company which pretty much says it all. I can't post details in this forum but don't take my word for it. Google pt health shares.
Beyond that, working at clinic level proves to be nothing short of disappointing, frustrating, futile. Patients are pumped through as fast as possible with physios expected to see 6 + patients per hour. Some have a kin to assist and some do not. Kins are completely taken advantage of and paid poorly, as are the office admin personnel. No respect or reasonable salary/compensation for the employees or contractors resulting in a significant turn-over. There is no support for employees at clinic level so good luck having any kind of meaningful conversation about issues in the clinic. If you are stuck with an incompetent manager you may as well just walk out the door because nothing will get done and problems will never get passed on to upper management because clinic managers will never acknowledge that they can't do their job.
Avoid at all costs.
Be aware of the common practice of posting glorious reviews by marketing staff, mangers at clinic level and family members of staff on Google as well as Indeed.
Cons
bad management, prioritize quantity over quality, bad wages, no support
Pleased with time at pt Health
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 13, 2016
pt Health has been very supportive of work place professional development. Do not know where I would be without pt Health!! :)
short lived
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 5, 2016
I worked there as a temp to fill in for someone's vacation time. I learned new office procedures and did filing appointments and answered phones
Pros
learning experience
Cons
was only a temp position
Worst place I've ever worked in 25 yrs of experience
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  ABAugust 18, 2016
Pay is terrible for all employees and contractors. The company refuses to give raises even when they authorised proceeding with increases. There is always some last minute, bs excuse as to why they can't follow thru on it and must postpone wage increases until....until what we never know. I'm guessing it's more important to pay shareholders than the people who do the actual work.

Management is the worst I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with in 25 yrs of being in the field. At clinic level they are incompetent, unmotivated, condescending, narcissistic, and generally not fit to be a manager or a clinician. The managers are always a physio or chiro that works at the clinic so they split their time between patient care and micromanagement. Micromanagement is a gross understatement of what occurred at my clinic. The entire staff is perpetually seeking employment elsewhere which in AB is very difficult right now due to the oil industry busting the economy. When the staff has unanimously agreed to cover for one another with the manager when someone has an interview during their shift you know it's bad.

Upper management has absolutely zero interest in what actually happens at the clinics. The gospel according to inept clinic managers is all they rely on and they disregard anyone else at the clinic that reaches out for support.

Patient care comes a very distant second to milking health benefits dry. Quantity over quality every single time. If you don't have the volume of clients that the company feels you should have, you get reprimanded. Absolutely
  more... absurd on every level.  less
Pros
Nice patients, some kind colleagues
Cons
Poor compensation, excruciatingly bad management, long hrs, no long term career potential
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  2015 mount forest aveSeptember 4, 2015
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community, developed a strong bond with returning clients and co-workers
A lot of travel
Medical Office Assistant/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Working for this company allowed me to visit and work for many of the pt Health clinics in the lower mainland. So flexibility is required. The great thing about this work place is you get variety. I learned that working for this company is a little exhausting with the traveling but they do reimburse you for mileage so that's a good thing. Management is okay they are unable to supervise you in person.
Pros
reimbursement for mileage
Cons
travelling
Satisfying and interesting place to work.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work was 08:00-16:30, Mon-Fri. Working with a mostly geriatric population and/or those with varying levels of physical, mental and emotional abilities.

I learned a great deal about working with and around numerous (sometimes) conflicting schedules, resident interaction and time management.

The hardest part of this job was having residents pass away.

The best part of this job was working with the residents and being able to help them.
Pros
working with the residents.
Cons
dealing with resident mortaliy.
Even though I gained great experience working for ptHealth, the management and company as a whole was challenging to work with.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 31, 2014
I worked at a Physiotherapy Support Personnel for ptHealth where I was an exercise specialist who would work alongside a physiotherapist to treat patients with orthopaedic injuries. We would work with private patients as well as patients through ICBC and WCB so there was some paperwork and communication with third parties involved as well. I worked at the New Westminster location and absolutely loved my coworkers. At my clinic, we had two physiotherapists, two massage therapists, two medical office assistants and myself.

With a wage freeze, and knowing that the most I would make would be $20/hr as a Kinesiologist, I knew that I had to move on and get another job with more promise.
Great People, good enviornment but very unorganized
Patient Care Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2013
I had worked at PT Health starting as a part time agent for a new project of a Patient Care Centre and ended my time there as a Supervisor. I worked with great people and had a really good boss. My co-workers became my friends and I was comfortable confronting my boss about concerns that I felt needed to be addressed in any aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job was the constant daily changes. One minute were relaying one bit of information to patients and the next its wrong and there's a new policy, The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I worked with, they kept you motivated and were there to help each other. I feel that is essential in an office to keep it functional and running smooth.
Loved working with all the people at the nursing home
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONNovember 5, 2013
provided exercise programs individual and group, , interacted with the residents, helped to maintain a daily routine.Learned to appreciate our seniors, my co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when my resident was sick or passed away, most enjoyable was just spending time with them all.
Pros
spending time with the seniors
Cons
would of liked more advancement, more responsibilities
Great company to work for
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioMay 13, 2014
1) One-on-one direct supervision that gradually progressed to indirect supervision
2) Knowledgeable and experienced physiotherapists and PSPs
3) Diverse and varied caseload
4) Wealth of resources to consult with on the ptHealth Portal
5) Development of clinical patterns
6) Exposure to practice management (i.e. caseload management, charting policies, billing practices, role of human resource management)
Friendly work place
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2013
This company was a great company to work for. The department I was in was a newer addition when I started. It quickly expanded and days were quick paced. I took patient calls for multiple clinics Canada wide, whether it be booking or cancelling patient appointments or answering patient / potential patient inquiries. The people that I worked with were great people and they taught me a lot. Calls would become more frequent the more clinics we took on and could be hard at times, but if you managed your time efficiently and worked with the other employees calls could be answered and handled in a timely manner.

2.8