pt Health Employee Reviews in Canada

Don't work here
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville & Oshawa, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Bad place to work. Patient Coordinators aren't allowed to take breaks or have a lunch hour. Shifts were always 8 to 9 hours long & you work alone with no relief. If you had to go to the washroom, you had to run & if a patient came in while you were gone, you got the third degree.
You aren't only the patient coordinator, receptionist & administrative assistant, you are also the cleaner & laundress.
Pay is only $12/hr & they won't give full time hours. Only individuals who do work full time (2) only make $12/hr as well.
I don't recommend working for this company unless you are desperate & are still looking for work elsewhere.
Pros
Most Physiotherapists are nice
Cons
No lunch hr or breaks (incl. washroom breaks) even though shifts are 8 to 9 hrs.
absolute worst place to work for.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 7, 2016
being a patient coordinator at the northwest location is the ABSOLUTE WORSE!

long hours, management is incredibly rubbish and non existent! and it felt like i was in high school all over again. the entire "team" is very very cliquey and they look down on you. worst of all, the clinical manager is a woman and asked me as a fellow woman as well if i had any kids during my interview. are you unaware of what type of questions to ask during interviews? only two kins deemed friendly. the day staff is incredibly rude and will not train you properly so you're left to fend for yourself. honestly, there are no pro's working for this location. i wouldn't recommend at all. if you have complaints and send it to HR coordinator, they will not care.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, terrible management, unfriendly staff
Fun workplace but horrible management!
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 17, 2016
It started off okay but than the company started cutting my hours drastically! Another receptionist was getting all the hours including all of mine which left me with only 1-2 shifts a week. That receptionist had the upper hand in everything due to a certain relationship. Working for a company this big you would think that they follow the regulation and workplace policy's yet the receptionist had a intimate relationship with one of the regional managers which made the workplace very uncomfortable at times. I wouldn't suggest working for a company like this especially if management doesn't take the workplace seriously. It really shows you how professional this company really is. All of my co workers were great to work with which made the workplace better.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
The pay wasn't good, management was the worse
Horrible Company, Don't do it.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
I worked at PtHealth for two years. It was my most depression plagued two years of my life. No joke. I was a Patient Coordinator, and I was constantly crapped on by the company. There is a massive disconnect between head office and the clinics. I know for absolute fact that the previous CEO was the one responsible for a number of the positive reviews on this site. Beware.

They expect a lot from their PC's, and pay horribly. They don't give raises anymore unless you meet goals they set for you. Which isn't ethical, raises are based on past performance, not future.
They make you work 11 hour days, so be prepared to be exhausted by Friday. They don't encourage personal growth. PC's have no where to move up to. There isn't any continuing education relevant to the PC position.

It's honestly one of the worst employment situations I have been in. It was on par with a job I had at 13 years old bundling roses for 8 hours a day standing on concrete floors. Except, the flower job paid more, and that was 15 years previous!
Cons
Long hours, pay, head office, culture
short lived
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 5, 2016
I worked there as a temp to fill in for someone's vacation time. I learned new office procedures and did filing appointments and answered phones
Pros
learning experience
Cons
was only a temp position
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  2015 mount forest aveSeptember 4, 2015
enjoyed providing a well needed service to the people in the community, developed a strong bond with returning clients and co-workers
A lot of travel
Medical Office Assistant/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Working for this company allowed me to visit and work for many of the pt Health clinics in the lower mainland. So flexibility is required. The great thing about this work place is you get variety. I learned that working for this company is a little exhausting with the traveling but they do reimburse you for mileage so that's a good thing. Management is okay they are unable to supervise you in person.
Pros
reimbursement for mileage
Cons
travelling
I gained lots of very valuable experience.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 12, 2014
I loved my job,working with seniors it's truly my passion.Before all that OHIP cuts happened I really loved to wake up and go to work every morning.I was truly blesses with the best co-workers person could ask for.And at the end of the day when I was going home I knew I made some difference in resident's life.The hardest part on this job was when some of my clients were passing away,lots of them they only had us - staff to talk to them which made everything more sad when they had to leave us.
Pros
no weekends, great team to work with
Cons
no brakes
Great company to work for
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eastern OntarioMay 13, 2014
1) One-on-one direct supervision that gradually progressed to indirect supervision
2) Knowledgeable and experienced physiotherapists and PSPs
3) Diverse and varied caseload
4) Wealth of resources to consult with on the ptHealth Portal
5) Development of clinical patterns
6) Exposure to practice management (i.e. caseload management, charting policies, billing practices, role of human resource management)
Internship Experience at PT Health
Physiotherapy Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 30, 2014
The staff at PT Health are very welcoming and friendly.

I learned how to demonstrate therapeutic exercises, techniques of using modalities ( ultrasound, TENS)

Prepared hot packs for clients when needed

Basic filing and learned how to schedule appointments

Cleaning on equipment and beds. Did laundry when possible
Refilled ultrasound gel bottles
Pros
you get to work with a professional and friendly staff that got along with each other
Cons
the clinic was slow when appointments were cancelled
Loved working with all the people at the nursing home
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONNovember 5, 2013
provided exercise programs individual and group, , interacted with the residents, helped to maintain a daily routine.Learned to appreciate our seniors, my co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when my resident was sick or passed away, most enjoyable was just spending time with them all.
Pros
spending time with the seniors
Cons
would of liked more advancement, more responsibilities
Satisfying and interesting place to work.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONSeptember 13, 2013
A typical day at work was 08:00-16:30, Mon-Fri. Working with a mostly geriatric population and/or those with varying levels of physical, mental and emotional abilities.

I learned a great deal about working with and around numerous (sometimes) conflicting schedules, resident interaction and time management.

The hardest part of this job was having residents pass away.

The best part of this job was working with the residents and being able to help them.
Pros
working with the residents.
Cons
dealing with resident mortaliy.
Friendly work place
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2013
This company was a great company to work for. The department I was in was a newer addition when I started. It quickly expanded and days were quick paced. I took patient calls for multiple clinics Canada wide, whether it be booking or cancelling patient appointments or answering patient / potential patient inquiries. The people that I worked with were great people and they taught me a lot. Calls would become more frequent the more clinics we took on and could be hard at times, but if you managed your time efficiently and worked with the other employees calls could be answered and handled in a timely manner.
Great People, good enviornment but very unorganized
Patient Care Centre Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2013
I had worked at PT Health starting as a part time agent for a new project of a Patient Care Centre and ended my time there as a Supervisor. I worked with great people and had a really good boss. My co-workers became my friends and I was comfortable confronting my boss about concerns that I felt needed to be addressed in any aspect of the job. The hardest part of the job was the constant daily changes. One minute were relaying one bit of information to patients and the next its wrong and there's a new policy, The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people that I worked with, they kept you motivated and were there to help each other. I feel that is essential in an office to keep it functional and running smooth.
Even though I gained great experience working for ptHealth, the management and company as a whole was challenging to work with.
Physiotherapy Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJanuary 31, 2014
I worked at a Physiotherapy Support Personnel for ptHealth where I was an exercise specialist who would work alongside a physiotherapist to treat patients with orthopaedic injuries. We would work with private patients as well as patients through ICBC and WCB so there was some paperwork and communication with third parties involved as well. I worked at the New Westminster location and absolutely loved my coworkers. At my clinic, we had two physiotherapists, two massage therapists, two medical office assistants and myself.

With a wage freeze, and knowing that the most I would make would be $20/hr as a Kinesiologist, I knew that I had to move on and get another job with more promise.
Learned a lot from my placement with pt Health!
PT Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 16, 2014
During my placement I was provided ample opportunity to practice my differential diagnosis skills. I was taught so many great new skills and given the time to make sure I was comfortable and competant.

The clinic team was amazing to work with and super helpful!
Pros
great atmosphere to work in!
Cons
i had to leave
Great culture/positive work place environment
physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  melrose physioMay 20, 2014
I had a great experience and hated to leave!
Flexible work hours
Lots of opportunity for mentorship/personal growth, provided education funding to advance my skills
Really positive work environment- I felt very lucky to work with a group of coworkers that I really got along with
Great place
Physiotherapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Lots of room for advancement, great pay and support. I loved all of my residents. Did exercise class, as well as 1:1 attention.
Bringing happiness to people on a daily basis
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2012
On a daily basis, I got to bring happiness to someone's life-brighten that persons day just by spending some time with a resident. Management was good. Co-workers were nice. I learned that I can bring joy to someone just by simply listening to them for a bit and doing the little things I can for someone.
Concerned with quantity over quality
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southwestern OntarioAugust 27, 2013
Worked for this company on two separate occasions for a total of 3 years. Was a very numbers-driven company. No employee retention whatsoever. Turnover in PSP's is very high due to low wages and no job security. Will never work for them again
Pros
good hours
Cons
low wage