The District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board
ESPRIT PLACE FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
Rate of Pay: $20.12/hr
Esprit Place Family Resource Centre is an emergency shelter and provides Violence Against Women service. Relief Counsellors ensure that Esprit Place is run safely and effectively 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a casual on-call basis. Pre-crisis and post crisis supportive counselling is provided to women and children living at Esprit Place. Relief Counsellors also answer 24-hour crisis line, ensuring that women in the District of Parry Sound receive supportive counselling and crisis intervention 365 days per year.
- 2-year diploma in a field related to Human Services or an equivalent combination of education, training and program related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of violence against women’s issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of existing community resources.
- Feminist approach to counseling.
- Individual and group counseling skills.
- Sound judgment in assessing the needs of women.
- Access to the use of a vehicle while on field assignment.
Qualified persons should submit cover letter & resume (in one document) referencing Job ID #14-12, by August 29, 2014 to:
Attn: Lisa Moore, CHRP
Human Resource Manager
1 Beechwood Drive, 2nd Floor
Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1J2
Fax: (705) 751-5370
We thank all applicants. Only those receiving an interview will be contacted.
The District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board is a corporation that was formed by the District Social Services...