PS Production Services Ltd. is looking for a Warehouse Worker (a.k.a. Crew I - Cable) to work in the Toronto Cable Department. To apply email a cover letter and resume by Friday January 18, 2013. PS would like to thank all applicants but only those chosen will be contacted.
Purpose Of Job:
Following specific processes as defined in the Procedures Handbook ensure lighting, grip and cable equipment is appropriately and accurately pulled, shipped, received, and checked for damage in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Advise the Department Head or 2nd Department Head when inventory supply is low. Maintain warehouse section in an orderly, neat fashion; assist in any other area of PS as required. Collectively build PS as the supplier of choice.
- pull and ship orders following Lighting, Grip and Cable Shipping Processes
- receive rental orders and purchases following Lighting, Grip and Cable Receiving Processes
- maintain positive and courteous customer relationships
- conduct all duties expeditiously in a safe and careful manner to minimize damage
- effectively maintain work assignments as designated by Department Head, 2nd Department Head and / or Floor Manager
- refer defective bar codes (retired, out on another order, unreadable, e-code mix-up) to the Department Head, 2nd Department Head or Floor Manager for resolution
- refer RentalWorks data entry errors or COD orders to the Rental Coordinator (RC)
- direct customer enquiries/complaints to the RC,Customer Service Representative or Inside Sales Representative as appropriate
- maintain all areas in a clean and safe state
- clean equipment as assigned
- identify issues and make recommendations (includes damaged equipment on shelf, defective bar codes, poor communication, paperwork, customer relations, etc.)
- build team relationships with co-workers
- provide assistance in other departments as required
- Grade 12
- preferably warehouse experience
- film production experience an asset
- good oral and written communication
- basic computer skills
- attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of all processes
- cope with high work volumes
- know when to refer for higher level approval
- maintain communications during times of high work volume
- maintain temperament during times of high stress and customer complaint
- must be capable of operating a forklift and order picker
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- on feet for extended periods of time
- frequent heavy lifting
- warehouse conditions; exposure to climatic changes
Entry Level: will have almost none of, or very basic warehouse skills with limited product knowledge.
Emergent Level: will be learning and exhibiting a basic understanding of most aspects of the pulling, shipping and receiving functions. After training, should be able to pull, scan, ship or receive a small to medium order with some assistance and few errors.