PROTRANS BC OPERATIONS LTD
Job Title: HSQE Assistant
Job ID: 0008-2013
Full/Part Time: Summer Student-Temporary
Number of Positions: 1
PROTRANS BC is the private operator of the Canada Line, a 19-km automated rail-based rapid transit system connecting Downtown Vancouver with central Richmond and the Vancouver International Airport. Located in Richmond, we are a part of the PROTRANS family of SNC-Lavalin O&M, a global solutions provider to facility and asset operations.
As a member of the HSQE team, the incumbent will assist with the maintenance of the Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems. This includes communications,data collection and continuous improvement of our implemented programs. This position may require working night shifts occasionally.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with improvement of the HSQE web site and library;
- Develop an air testing program and conduct air quality testing at stations and in tunnel;
- Participate in field work with Guideway personnel to inspect and enhance safety programs such as the confined space program, fall protection program and lockout program;
- Develop Job Demand Analysis for various positions in the company;
- Conduct respirator fit testing;
- Review the first aid program and for enhancements;
- Develop resources for departmental safety talks and meetings;
- Conduct annual WHMIS inventory and MSDS updates;
- Conduct safety inspections and assist with audits;
- Assist with safety HSQE reporting requirements.
- At least one year of Health, Safety or Environmental education
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management and decision making skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a positive customer service attitude * Excellent interpersonal, communication, troubleshooting and planning skills
- Posting Date: March 4, 2013
- Closing Date: Until Filled
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume at www.protransbc.com . We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PROTRANS BC OPERATIONS LTD is committed to respecting all principles of employment equity and applicable privacy legislation.