PPCL, a subsidiary of Propak Systems, is a leader in oil and gas process plant construction. Current Projects include sites in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
PPCL is seeking an experienced Quality Manager to work in our corporate head office in Airdrie, AB. This full-time head office position will liaise with site Quality personnel on a regular basis; some site visits may be required, but the position is based in Airdrie.
Manage PPCL’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control Programs and Certifications and the following:
- Coordinate quality assurance and quality control activities for project sites.
- Provide inspection, supervision, and technical support during receipt of equipment for each construction activity.
- Implement and maintain the Company Quality Manual, project specific Quality Plans and develop site and Client specific Inspection and Test Plans.
- Support quality team members and ensure construction and assembly activities meet the requirements of the applicable Approved Construction Drawings, Contract, Client Standards, Provincial and Federal Regulations, and Code(s) of Construction.
- Conducting quality audits, to identify, document, and provide solutions for Non Conformances (NCR’s), initiate Corrective Actions (CAR’s) & Preventive Actions (PAR’s) to prevent recurring nonconformance’s. Provide assistance with the orientation of new personnel. Establish a procedure to capture Project Quality Metrics for various construction activities
- Ensure Project Turnover documents are being assembled in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all Inspection activities detailed in project Quality Plans and ITP’s are being followed and documented by site Quality personnel.
- Ensure all requirements specified in the Company Quality Manual, Project Quality Plan and Inspection and Test Plans are being met and are accepted and signed off by the Client’s Quality representative.
- Provide direction to site Quality personnel to ensure an understanding of their responsibilities while on site.
- Monitor all Sub Contractors to ensure compliance to Client and contract requirements.
- Liaison with the Client representative to ensure all site specific quality issues are being followed up on and resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.
- Promoting an efficient inspection environment to minimize construction down time during in-progress inspections
- Monitor construction progress and identify / rectify all (NCR’s) (CAR’s) & (PAR’s).
- Continue to develop and improve specific procedures and work instructions for existing or newly defined site activities that require a quality presence.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the Director of Construction or Construction Manager.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply Codes, Standards, Specifications and Drawings.
- Computer knowledge with Proficiency in MS Office ( Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Experience with construction activities associated with pre-fabricated pipe racks and process modules.
- Experience with construction activities associated with civil construction activities, such as underground piping, piling and concrete work.
- Experience with construction inspection activities associated with the fabrication and testing of piping systems.
- Canadian work experience with a strong command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Certification as RET, CET, or CSA W178.2, minimum Level II, is a definite asset but not mandatory.
- Well developed administrative, planning and organizational skills, able to maintain traceability of complex documentation.
- Ability to create concise inspection reports, monthly reports, and technical work instructions when required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize a number of tasks and complete a variety of work assignments within structured deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with diverse personalities and background with tact and diplomacy.
- Service oriented with the ability to be assertive and persuasive.
- Sound judgment with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to conduct internal audits in accordance with applicable procedures.
Build your career with PPCL:
Qualified applicants interested in joining our construction site teams, may submit their resume with "PPCL QA/QC Manger" in the subject line by E-mail, Facsimile or Online:
Attn: Dwayne Grant, Director of Construction
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.