PPCL, a subsidiary of Propak Systems Ltd., is a leader in oil and gas process plant construction. We are seeking a full-time HR Administrator for construction project in the Conklin, AB area. This position will provide Human Resources administrative and payroll support to the Construction Site Superintendant. The HR Administrator will be the primary contact for site employees and will liaise with corporate Payroll and Human Resources on a regular basis.
- Payroll timekeeper responsibilities including daily and weekly time-ticket/time-sheet entry and reporting.
- Investigate and report on any payroll discrepancies.
- Answer employee HR, collective agreement, benefit, and payroll inquiries as requested.
- Liaise with corporate Payroll and Human Resources on a regular basis.
- Coordinate staffing, scheduling, and crew changes as required.
- Coordinate new hire packages.
- Maintain required communication with union office in regards to Dispatches, RTW dates, termination slips, medical leaves etc.
- Update and maintain the integrity of active, inactive and terminated employee files.
- Assist with recruiting as required.
- Participate as needed in investigation interviews.
- Data and information collection and preparation for arbitration and grievance cases.
- Assist with preparing hire, disciplinary and termination letters.
- Maintain good working relationships to provide overall team support.
- Participate in continuous policy, procedure and process development.
- Transporting personnel and operating passenger vans as required.
- Other administrative/HR duties as assigned.
- 3 to 4 years of related HR experience in a field setting is desirable.
- Experience with collective agreements is an asset.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills and be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a field (remote) area.
- Must have a valid Class 5 drivers license.
Build your career with PPCL
We work in a culture of safety and quality and provide competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. These positions are for 20 and 8 day schedule.
Indeed - 23 months ago