This position requires a self starting, responsible and experienced project manager to
plan and manage the execution of various projects through coordination with other departments.
The position also requires very regular interface with our customers to ensure PowerOn is meeting their needs and expectations. The Project Manager must be able to understand the customer’s requirements, plan and facilitate the execution of engineering design activity, parts purchasing, assembly, installations and other activities as required to ensure project success.
The Project Manager is required to monitor and facilitate improvements as required to engineering, production, personnel, equipment, processes and technologies as applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
The nature of the work is managing various projects including facilitating the development, production and installation of specific products. Effective coordination of a cross-functional team within the company is essential to project success. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of various projects from inception to completion through coordination with other departments.
- Application of highly developed interpersonal skills in order to develop positive
relationships with customers
- Coach and mentor less senior or experienced staff, assisting them in developing technical and interpersonal skills
- Understand the solution to be delivered both technically and functionally
- Manage project issues and risks
- Lead and be accountable for the day to day client relationship
- Understand and actively manage the financial impact of all resource allocation decisions
- Prepare project schedules
- Plan and manage project budgets
- Plan necessary supports for projects
- Act as prime point of contact and interface for project customer liaison
- Trouble shooting and problem solving of various issues in a dynamic
- Comply with the company Health & Safety rules and regulations in accordance
with the Act.
- Identify additional opportunities to add value to the client offerings
- Other duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
- 5 + years project management in electrical automation environment
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Superior organization and process simplification skills
- Experience in engineering R&D, product/process development and/or
manufacturing background is essential
- PLC programming experience an asset
- Proven track record successfully delivering projects on time and on budget
- Proven ability to establish and maintain long-term client relationships as well as establish and manage project-specific client expectations
- Strong facilitation skills in leading and coordinating multi-projects
Poweron designs and manufactures automated equipment for any type of process or application within the industrial sector. We provide turnkey...