POS Bio-Sciences, located in Saskatoon, is a confidential contract research organization for grams-to-tons process and product development. We are devoted to helping companies fast track the development of superior new products and technologies using cost effective methods. POS specializes in extraction, fractionation, purification and modification of biologically derived materials. Bioprocessing industries served include food and ingredients, fats, oils and lipids, nutraceuticals and functional foods, ag biotech, animal and functional feeds, cosmetics, and fragrances.
Sounds like exciting innovation, fascinating technology and remarkable scientific research – it is, and that’s what we do, and we’re good at it – just ask our clients! Now that you know what we are, here’s who we are! POS is a dynamic organization comprised of richly diverse team members with team leaders who are engaged, motivated and accountable to their team and to the success of POS.
We are proud to be an Employee-owned company and are looking for new members who not only want to work at POS but also want to be part of our exciting business. Currently we have an exciting opportunity to join our Laboratory team.
- Working with Project Leaders to develop, implement and troubleshoot laboratory scale processing models for subsequent transition to mini-pilot and pilot scale production.
- Support analysis to monitor these processes as well as raw material and finished product quality.
- Perform routine analysis of samples.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions and sample formulations.
- Compile records and ensure documentation is made on accurate and timely basis.
- Learn new analytical procedures on an ongoing basis to meet project and company requirements.
- Develop and improve technical skills on an ongoing basis to keep up to date knowledge within the industry
- Ensure that the assigned laboratory and equipment is clean, well-organized and in good working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Chemical Technology, Biological Sciences or a related degree.
- Experience in a laboratory environment.
- Data management and attention to detail is required.
- Strong technical aptitude and commitment to ongoing professional development
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Analytical with good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and assist other areas as required.
- Must have good morals and work ethics.
- Knowledge of chemicals and safety (WHMIS) is a required.
- Able to perform work under Good Lab Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) techniques.
- Knowledge of First Aid/CPR is an asset.
POS Bio-Sciences, located in Saskatoon, is a confidential contract research organization for grams-to-tons process and product development....