POS Bio-Sciences, located in Saskatoon, is a confidential contract research organization for grams-to-tons process and product development. We are devoted to helping companies’ fast track the development of superior new products and technologies using cost effective methods. POS specializes in extraction, fractionation, purification and modification of biologically derived materials. Bioprocessing industries served include food and ingredients, fats, oils and lipids, nutraceuticals and functional foods, ag biotech, animal and functional feeds, cosmetics, and fragrances.
Sounds like exciting innovation, fascinating technology and remarkable scientific research – it is, and that’s what we do, and we’re good at it – just ask our clients! Now that you know what we are, here’s who we are! POS is a dynamic organization comprised of richly diverse team members with team leaders who are engaged, motivated and accountable to their team and to the success of POS.
Part Time Accounting Clerk (20-25 hours per week, with flexibility provided Monday to Friday)
Reporting to the Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitate processing of payroll, benefits, pension accounting transactions
o Collaborate with Human Resources to develop and maintain organized information and systematic processes for providing accurate and timely payroll, benefits and pension plan processing.
o Prepare and input complete and accurate payroll, benefits and pension plan accounting entries.
o Response to enquiries by providing timely and accurate documents to individuals and government agencies.
- Reconcile general ledger and payroll accounts at appropriate intervals
oComplete weekly & monthly bank reconciliations.
oComplete monthly general ledger balance reconciliation for Property, Plant & Equipment.
oComplete payroll register balance reconciliation.
- Contribute to the success of the Accounting and Finance function by completing other accounting duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- A diploma/degree in Business with a minimum of 2 years of relevant payroll and accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and perform challenging and meaningful responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a highly interactive role.
- Good technical knowledge of accounting principles, ERP systems, Microsoft Office software and Financial reporting
- Thrives in an active environment, performs with a sense of urgency and has an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Committed to satisfying customer needs, contributing to colleague success and achieving performance goals.
- Willing and able to accept direction, work independently and participate in project teams
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset;
If you are excited about being one of our next team members please forward your resume to:
118 Veterinary Road
Saskatoon, SK S7N 2R4
Web site: www.pos.ca