TECHNICAL TEAM LEAD, BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Want to be part of a team that is continuously reshaping how consumers get more value from their loyalty programs?
We are all members of loyalty programs, but most of us do not get all the benefits we could. Points.com is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art capabilities to leading global companies (Airlines, Hotels, Financial Institutions, Retailers and more) to help make loyalty programs better and more valuable for consumers.
The Technical Team Lead/Architect will use their extensive knowledge of BI tools, technologies and approaches to develop Points’ second-generation BI platform. They will be technical experts capable of evolving the BI platform to meet the increasingly complex/valuable needs of the business.
- Lead all technical aspects of BI platform, including architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Play a very strong hands-on role in the design and implementation of the BI platform in an organization that has firmly adopted Agile and automated testing.
- Initial deliveries will focus on providing self-service reporting and analysis capabilities to both internal and external customers.
- Grow the BI team and platform to include automated marketing and merchandising capabilities that leverage machine learning.
- 5 to 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in BI technical delivery roles.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge in BI concepts, methodologies and architectures.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Experience with at least one major ETL tool (Talend preferred, but not required).
- Experience with at least one major BI tool (MicroStrategy preferred, but not required).
- Previous experience with extensive and advanced business performance reporting and analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have a technical understanding of machine learning and its applications.
- Strong critical thinking; demonstrated ability to leverage data, and draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Good judgment to determine which creative ideas will work and how they will work; the ability to make an appropriate fact-based business case; not afraid to take calculated risks.
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic; takes responsibility and likes to be held accountable for results; is constantly a top performer and can be counted on to exceed goals.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills; confident, credible and personable; can translate technical information effectively into business terms to senior leadership.
- Highly adept at trouble-shooting and problem-solving.
Benefits & Perks @ Points.com:
- Casual dress, every day of the week!
- Beer cart Fridays: free beer and snacks!
- Awesome loft-style workspace, with ping pong, foosball, sofas, lunch room, and a rooftop patio.
- Flexible work hours.
- Team social events
- Great central location downtown, in the trendy Entertainment District.
- A bike storage room and shower.
- The opportunity to continuously challenge yourself, innovate, and improve
Points International head quartered in Toronto Canada is a publicly company listed on the NASDAQ and TSX. Points is the global leader in reward currencies management, providing multiple ecommerce and technology solutions to the world’s most successful loyalty brands and operates Points.com, the world’s largest consumer rewards management platform.
Our solutions enable the management and monetization of loyalty currencies, in the frequent flyer hotel/hospitality, retail, rail and financial services industries, as well as enhancing loyalty program consumer offerings and back end operations for more than 50 global partners.
Our company offers a range of private branded and white label eCommerce services, enabling the sale of loyalty currency directly to program members allowing collectors to top-up their balance and reach their redemption goals faster or to give as a gift to friends and family members; and the online transfer of loyalty currency from one members account in to another.
In addition, Points has broadened its reach, launching SaaS products for eCommerce merchants, allowing them to add loyalty solutions to their online stores and reward customers for their purchase, loyalty and behavior.
Points.com is a consumer focused reward management platform that provides members of multiple loyalty programs the ability to track and manage their loyalty currencies like their financial assets. Points.com is the home of the world's only points/miles trading board, where users can trade points and miles with others users from the loyalty community.
We take pride in our energetic team environment and strive to create a balanced and rewarding workplace. At Points.com, we communicate directly, lead by example, and ensure that all of our team members know just how much they are appreciated. Come join the team!
For more on the company, and our consumer site, visit: www.pointsinternational.com
For more on life at Points, including photos of the team and office, visit: lifeatpoints.com
For info on the Points tech stack: http://lifeatpoints.com/tech-stuff/