Want to be part of a team that is continuously reshaping how consumers get more value from their loyalty programs?
We are all members of loyalty programs, but most of us do not get all the benefits we could. Points is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art capabilities to leading global companies (Airlines, Hotels, Financial Institutions, Retailers and more) to help make loyalty programs better and more valuable for consumers.
The IT Operations team lead is responsible for Points production service delivery infrastructure, spanning multiple colocation facilities. You’ll manage a team of three and a set of tools to ensur applications and infrastructure are secure, available and optimally performaning. You believe in achieving operational excellence by striving to drive automation to reduce risk, enhance productivity and achieve scale.
You will have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in systems/network administration, software development and database administration leading the IT Operations team and providing operations related best-practice guidance to the software engineering teams. You are able to pick up new tools rapidly and have strong sense of operational awareness.
Reports to: Director, IT Operations
- Lead a team of 2x infrastructure engineers and 2x DBAs
- Serve as technical escalation point for critical production issues and drive escalation/resolution of problems into both IT Operations and Development teams
- Drive requirements for automation/tooling needs as well as other cross-functional business priorities including helping define, develop and maintain internal tools and automation systems
- Align development requirements with the capabilities of the infrastructure, and vice versa
- Partner with Development teams to design solutions to meet scalability, availability, security, multi-tenancy, capacity and maintenance requirements
- Participate in infrastructure design discussions with Points architectural working group
- Ensure Points continues to meet applicable IT compliance related requirements
- Strong communication skills
- 5+ years as a system administrator and experience as a software developer, network administrator or database administrator
- 5+ years designing or managing a virtual infrastructure
- 1-3 years with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or other infrastructure automation tools
- Demonstrated scripting experience – a bonus would be higher level languages such as Python and Ruby
- Willingness to work on-call (1/3rd of time) as required in a 24x7x365 environment
- Demonstrated customer service oriented approach
- Strong grasp of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Technologies: A list of technologies and tools we use- It is not required to have experience in all
o Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL) & KVM
o Apache / Tomcat
o Amazon AWS (EC2, EBS, S3)
Benefits & Perks @ Points:
- Casual dress, every day of the week!
- Beer cart Fridays: free beer and snacks!
- Awesome loft-like workspace, with ping pong, foosball, sofas, lunch room, and a rooftop patio.
- Flexible work hours.
- Team events: bowling, lunch, paintball, drinks, patio potluck.
- Great central location downtown, in the trendy Entertainment District.
- A bike storage room and shower.
- Opportunities to continuously challenge yourself, innovate, and improve.
About Points International Ltd.:
Points International Ltd. (TSX: PTS; Nasdaq: PCOM), is the owner and operator of Points, the global leader in reward currency management providing multiple eCommerce and technology solutions to the world's top loyalty brands. Points also manages the largest consumer rewards management platform, allowing more than 3 million users to trade, track, exchange, and redeem their loyalty points, miles, and rewards. Recently, Points International was the recipient of several prestigious awards; the Company was named the 5th largest Canadian software company and the 40th largest Canadian technology company by the 2012 Branham300 list as well as ranked 40th by PROFIT Magazine’s top 200 Canadian companies by five-year revenue growth for 2012.
Points solutions enable the management and monetization of loyalty currencies, including frequent flyer miles, hotel points, retailer rewards and credit card points, as well as enhancing loyalty program consumer offerings and back-end operations for more than 40 partners worldwide. Further, Points SaaS products allow eCommerce merchants to add loyalty solutions to their online stores and reward customers for purchases.
We take pride in our energetic team environment and strive to create a balanced and rewarding workplace. At Points, we communicate directly, lead by example, and ensure that all of our team members know just how much they are appreciated. Come join the team!
For more on the company, and our consumer site, visit: points.com
For info on the Points tech stack: http://lifeatpoints.com/tech-stuff/