Points sells multi-tenant, SaaS products into the $40 billion loyal industry. With an existing portfolio of products that are performing exceptionally well, Points continues to make significant investments in refining these products as well as developing new, cutting edge services. As a senior member of technology team, the Principal Engineer Lead will work closely with the software engineering and product management teams to provide technical and delivery leadership during product discovery and product delivery.
This role is ideal for a strong architect that wants to be an integral part of the product delivery process or a very strong technical lead that wants to move into an architectural/technology leadership role. The successful candidate is expected to spend 50% of their time hands on keyboard writing code and the remaining 50% in technical and delivery leadership activities.
Report to: Chief Technology Officer
- Provide technical, architectural and product delivery leadership and mentoring to four Agile development teams
- Support product management/technology leadership in defining, sizing and prototyping new products by solving specific, challenging technical issues and related business problems
- Work with Director of Software Engineering and Chief Technology Officer to drive definition of Points’ Technology Roadmap
- Manage 2 principle engineers assigned to Points’ platform project
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience in software development
- Minimum 2 years experience working on Agile development teams
- Exceptionally comfortable working in all tiers of a typical web application
- Deep understanding and experience with RDBMS, OO, SOA and REST
- Minimum 3 years experience working on multi-tenant SaaS products
- Exceptional Python and Java development skills
- Experience with & strong believer in continuous delivery and automated testing
- A strong working knowledge and belief in Agile development
- Knowledge of PCI, OWASP and e-commerce technologies is highly desirable
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with strong desire and ability to learn
- Excellent communication, problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience managing small teams (2 to 5)
About Points International Ltd.:
Points International Ltd. (TSX: PTS; Nasdaq: PCOM), is the owner and operator of Points.com, the global leader in reward currency management providing multiple eCommerce and technology solutions to the world's top loyalty brands. Points.com also manages the largest consumer rewards management platform, allowing more than 3 million users to trade, track, exchange, and redeem their loyalty points, miles, and rewards. Recently, Points International was the receipient of several prestigious awards; the Company was named the 5th largest Canadian software company and the 40th largest Canadian technology company by the 2012 Branham300 list as well as ranked 40thby PROFIT Magazine’s top 200 Canadian companies by five-year revenue growth for 2012.
Points.com's solutions enable the management and monetization of loyalty currencies, including frequent flyer miles, hotel points, retailer rewards and credit card points, as well as enhancing loyalty program consumer offerings and back-end operations for more than 40 partners worldwide. Further, Points.com’s SaaS products allow eCommerce merchants to add loyalty solutions to their online stores and reward customers for purchases.
For more information on Points.com, visit www.pointsinternational.com, follow us on Twitter (@pointsadvisor), fan us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/pointsfans) or read our blog (http://blog.points.com).