We are looking for a Talented Central Reservation Agent who is enthusiastic and passionate working with people and has previous experience in the hotel industry. The successful candidate must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Previous experience with Opera Property Management System, and GDS systems an asset. The Central Reservations Agent is a key member of the Reservations Department and responsible for selling accommodations for Westcorp Properties’ Hotel Group – Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel in Winnipeg, The Meterra, The Varscona and The Matrix in Edmonton.
The Central Reservations Agent will sell Hotel products and services through various communication methods such as phone calls, e-mail, and direct contact with potential guests as well as maintain rapport with existing clients to secure regular and ongoing bookings. You will input reservations into Property Management System after assessing guest needs and provide clients with complete Hotel features and amenities information to maximize revenue potential and customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this position you must:
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills: verbal, written and listening.
- Excellent customer service and inter-personal skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Practice ethical sales methods.
- Possess an excellent knowledge of city attractions and events.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Understand yield management as it relates to Hotel sales.
- Strong aptitude for learning computer programs and reservations systems.
- Results and detail oriented.
- Must have a basic knowledge of Hotel accommodations and suite types.
- High degree of professionalism and dedication.
- Must be flexible and willing to change roles or responsibilities as required.
- Must be able to handle high call volumes per shift.
- Day/evening/ weekend shifts required.
Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel differentiates itself from the typical Winnipeg chain hotel experience by combining stylish modern surroundings with warm, personalized hospitality. We encourage and empower all of our hotel associates to do what is necessary to make our guests' stay every stay.