With over 20 years of experience in audio visual integration, PJS Systems is the go-to integrator for the largest and most sophisticated projects in the province. We have an impressive resume of clients and installations, both large and small, including post-secondary educational facilities, medical facilities, corporate boardrooms, hotels, restaurants, theatres, and operations centers. Our highly trained on-staff engineering, design, project management, installation, and programming teams have literally thousands of successfully completed projects under their belts. PJS Systems prides itself as the "benchmark" of the industry by continually performing work to quality standards which far exceed the industry norm.
PJS Systems is looking to recruit an experienced Purchaser. Responsibilities include:
- Purchase Order management, and purchasing against PO's
- Pricing research and negotiation
- Product sourcing
- Supplier relations
- Delivery and Freight administration
- Inventory administration, including parts allocations, parts database management, etc.
- Purchasing administration, including maintenance of price lists, documenting procedures, etc.
- Some general admin, including front desk greeting, billable hours tracking, backup for shipping receiving, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess all of the skills and experience to perform the outlined job functions to a high level. To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate you are able to hit the ground running and contribute immediately, with minimal supervision, in all listed areas of responsibility.
- Minimum 2 years of recent, demonstrated success in a purchasing role involving similar duties.
- Direct experience with electronics/technology purchasing is a definite asset.
The successful candidate must possess above-average skills in the following areas:
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Relentless and methodical attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and PDF editors
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (English)
- A positive, "can-do" attitude
- An eagerness to learn, develop, and apply new methods
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain calm and patient under pressure
Posted: Apr 17, 2013
Type: full time, permanent, salaried
Compensation: to be determined
Please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience, suitability for this role, and salary expectations:
- Please ensure Job #PC1304 is included in the subject line.
- Due to the volume of responses, only those short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- References will be requested of all short-listed candidates.
Thank you for your interest in PJS.