With over 20 years of experience in audio visual integration, PJS Systems is the go-to integrator for the largest and most sophisticated projects in the province. We have an impressive resume of clients and installations, both large and small, including post-secondary educational facilities, medical facilities, corporate boardrooms, hotels, restaurants, theatres, and operations centers.
Our highly trained on-staff engineering, design, project management, installation, and programming teams have literally thousands of successfully completed projects under their belts. PJS Systems prides itself as the “benchmark” of the industry by continually performing work to quality standards which far exceed the industry norm.
PJS is looking to recruit an experienced project manager, responsible for managing the execution of multiple concurrent projects from start to finish, ensuring on-time, on-budget, delivery to our demanding quality standards.
- Client “ownership”, interfacing with the customer on all aspects of the project; from planning & scheduling to system functionality & training
- Project planning, scheduling, tracking, and documentation
- Project budget management and product purchasing
- Overseeing project installation utilizing our in-house installers, technicians, and/or sub-contractors
- Drawing upon the in-house resources of our programming, drafting, and shop fabrication teams
- Project commissioning, testing, and hand-off
- Coordinating with construction site managers and other trades involved in the project
- Maintaining job site safety standards and procedures
- Maintaining a constant flow of communications between all parties involved in the project, internally and externally
- Ensuring job profitability through efficient and predictable use of all resources
- Manage change orders, project add-ons, and additional client requests
- Ensuring effective client and team relationships
As a project manager for PJS, you will be one of the primary “faces” of the organization, accountable for maintaining the company’s reputation for outstanding results and professional customer service.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess all of the skills and experience to perform the outlined job functions to a high level. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running and contribute immediately. While experience with audio/visual systems is definitely an asset, all candidates with demonstrated project management success in a construction or technology systems integration environment will be seriously considered.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, project management, technology, or related discipline. PMP/APM/PRINCE2 certification is an asset.
Minimum 3 years of demonstrated project management experience in a construction or technology systems integration environment.
- The successful candidate must possess above-average skills in the following areas:
- Written and verbal communications
- Time management, multi-tasking, and organization
- Risk identification and management
- Project budget management
- An aptitude for technology
- Use of Microsoft office and project management software
- Possess a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to train and grow others, ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain calm and patient under pressure
- Posted: August 8, 2012
- Type: full time, permanent, salaried
- Compensation: to be determined
Please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience, suitability for this role, and salary expectations.
- Please ensure Job #PM1207 is included in the subject line.
- Due to the volume of responses, only those short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- References will be requested of all short-listed candidates.
Thank you for your interest in PJS.