With over 20 years of experience in audio visual integration, PJS Systems is the go-to integrator for the largest and most sophisticated projects in the province. We have an impressive resume of clients and installations, both large and small, including post-secondary educational facilities, medical facilities, corporate boardrooms, hotels, restaurants, theatres, and operations centers. Our highly trained on-staff engineering, design, project management, installation, and programming teams have literally thousands of successfully completed projects under their belts. PJS Systems prides itself as the “benchmark” of the industry by continually performing work to quality standards which far exceed the industry norm.
PJS Systems is looking to recruit an experienced documentation technician / draftsperson. This position requires specific A/V knowledge, not just drafting experience.
- Produce and edit A/V system block diagrams, wiring diagrams, and infrastructure drawings (2D)
- Produce and edit A/V system as-built drawings and owner’s manuals
- Write operating instructions for A/V systems and GUI touchpanel systems
- Interpret design and tender documents and translate into detailed system diagrams
- Participate in sales and project management process from a technical and system design perspective
- Assemble, organize, and collate drawings and technical information (both digital and hard copy)
- Maintain documentation systems, archives, and physical equipment
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will possess all of the skills and experience to perform the outlined job functions to a high level. To be considered for this role, you must have the skills and experience to hit the ground running and contribute immediately in all listed areas of responsibility.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated success in the audio/visual industry in a systems design or technical role, plus
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated success in a technical drafting or system documentation role using AutoCad
- Solid working knowledge of audio, video, control, video conferencing, and networking/data systems
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCad LT software
- Superior organization and multi-tasking skills
- Relentless and methodical attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and PDF editors
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical and architectural construction drawings
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Possess a positive, “can-do” attitude
- An eagerness to learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to train and grow others, ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to remain calm and patient under pressure
- Posted Dec 21, 2012
- Full Time Permanent Salaried Position
- Compensation to be Determined
- Please send us your resume and a cover letter detailing your experience, suitability for this role, and salary expectations.
- Please ensure Job #DT1301 is included in the subject line.
- Due to the volume of responses, only those short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- References will be requested of all short-listed candidates.
Thank you for your interest in PJS Systems.
Indeed - 15 months ago