Refrigeration B Mechanic
Pinty's Delicious Foods – Paris, ON
The Refrigeration B mechanic will be responsible for troubleshooting/repairing/insulating of production related equipment; in addition this position requires the individual to operate all plant refrigeration and heating systems.
- Operate the ammonia refrigeration system as outlined in the TSSA regulations
- Conduct facility inspections on a regular basis and provide routine maintenance support for other non-refrigerated building mechanical devices
- Diagnose machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
- Perform scheduled Preventive and Predictive maintenance services.
- Fill out logs and Communicate with Supervisors, Managers and equipment operators on work performed.
- Respond to emergency situations and support the operation of the buildings fire suppression system.
- Repair and or maintain air compressors, air dryers, boilers, condensers, softeners and hydraulic system as required.
- Perform plumbing tasks like repairing leaks and installing new lines
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions and calculation of percentages)
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP,BRC and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.)
- Working with minimal supervision
- Working in a cool environment
- Repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or material to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Electrically inclined troubleshooting skills with VFDs and PLCs would be an asset
- Experience working in the food industry and working with packaging equipment would be a strong asset.
- Post-secondary education and a valid Refrigeration “B” ticket in good standing with the T.S.S.A. and A 3rd class operating engineer or millwright experience would be a strong asset.
- Must be able to work across shifts, including weekends
Indeed - 20 months ago