Maintenance Worker (Contract)
The operator will be responsible for the set up and safe / efficient operation of waste water treatment facility and associated effluent sampling equipment. The operator will also assist the maintenance department as required. There may also be other duties as assigned.
- Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing and disposal equipment
- Monitors control panels and adjust valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
- Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings
- Starts and stops pumps, engines and generators to control flow of sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion.
- Maintains log of operations and records, meter and gauge readings
- Collects effluent samples when needed
- Proper lockout of equipment and following of all safety requirements
- Back up to the maintenance department
- Able to operate computer terminal interface with training
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP,SQF and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 40 lbs.)
- Working with minimal supervision
- Working in cold environment (< 10 Celsius)
- Attendance to meet work requirements
- An previous waste water treatment and maintenance experience would be a strong asset
We thank all applicants, but only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago