The maintenance supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical and related systems. Please note this position will work on the night shift.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance program for all mechanical and support equipment
- Work closely with other managers to identify and initiate projects for implementation that will improve manufacturing processes to achieve cost reduction
- Recommend, design prepare cost justification, manage vendor selection process, purchase, and supervise installation of all building (and related mechanicals systems), preparation, processing and packaging equipment ensuring safe, timely and cost effective installation and commissioning
- Maintain knowledge of latest codes and regulations involving equipment and food processing facilities
- Formulates and maintains maintenance program objectives and coordinates these with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers
- Ensure that all government regulations / policies are in compliance for all equipment and on all projects.
- Ensure that all HACCP related drawings and procedures are established and maintained current.
- Initiate, implement and monitor continuous improvement programs for facility and equipment.
- Ensures that all maintenance staff are versed in compliance and safe work practices
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- A valid industrial electrician ticket or 3rd class station engineer/electrician with related working experience.
- University or College degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering or minimum of 10 years related experience
- Proven mechanical aptitude and understanding of building (and related mechanical systems) , preparation, processing and packaging equipment
- Ability to do basic mathematical calculations (additions, subtractions, divisions and calculation of percentages)
- Demonstrates knowledge of GMP, HACCP,BRC and proper employee hygiene practices to meet factory requirements
- Proven ability to implement production process improvement and cost savings measures
- Inspecting equipment, structures, or material to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Electrically inclined troubleshooting skills with VFDs and PLCs
- Experience working in the food industry and working with packaging equipment would be a strong asset.
We thank all interested applicants, but only candidates that meet the criteria will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago