PERI Formwork Systems Inc. is seeking an energetic, motivated and driven individual to join their dynamic Engineering team. The world of formwork and scaffolding is an exciting area in which to work, wherein employees are continually exposed to rewarding and enjoyable challenges that offer individuals the opportunity to develop unique and creative solutions for every type of project.
PERI is a leading global company in formwork, scaffolding and related engineering with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Our comprehensive product range is the basis for the most cost-effective solutions in concrete construction. PERI offers excellent engineering expertise, efficient logistics operations, practical instruction and construction site support, hands on training and exceptional technical documentation. PERI takes an avid interest in the growth and development of all employees as they are the driving force behind the company’s continued success.
As part of our exceptional Engineering team you will:
- Develop cost-effective formwork, shoring or scaffolding solutions for various kinds of concrete construction projects
- Perform static analyses to ensure optimal design
- Produce the following engineering documents:
o Design layout drawings
o Steel fabrication drawings
o Assembly drawings
o Calculation sheets
o Material lists
- Interact with the sales force and design supervisor to provide the most cost-effective design solutions
- Carry out site inspections when required
The successful candidate will have:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in formwork, structural engineering, design, and drafting with AutoCAD
- A degree in Civil Engineering, certification from a Civil Technologist program, or practical industry experience
- Understanding of Canadian Building Standards and Codes
- Outstanding organizational skills and drive
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to learn quickly and to work well independently in a fast – paced environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- PERI product knowledge (an asset)
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however only those selected will be contacted.
PERI is an Equal Opportunity Employer