The Marketing & Community Relations Manager position encompasses all aspects of our media advertising, co-ordination of Federated Co-operatives Ltd. marketing and advertising programs and our Community Relations program. This is a full-time position and part of our Senior Management team reporting to the CEO/General Manager
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- A leader of people. You enjoy developing people for more responsible roles and coaching them to be successful in their current roles. Creating a supportive and motivating environment for paid staff and volunteers is important to you. Expressing appreciation for the efforts of others is second nature.
- A creative mind, balanced with a sense of practicality. You generate ideas for new advertising campaigns and community programs that fit with the Co-op’s mission, values and budget.
- Organization. Emails, phone calls, advertising deadlines, event plans and invoices all require meticulous attention to detail and effective delegation. Event planning is a continuous, on-going process involving many internal and external partners. You work successfully to deadlines, ensuring all parties know their roles and receive appropriate support.
- The ability to clearly understand and communicate priorities. You have an overall plan for the year, broken down into successively greater detail for flawless execution by your team, our staff and volunteers.
- Comfort interacting at every level of the organization and with external partners. This might range from working alongside staff and volunteers at fundraiser barbeques to representing the Co-op at a gala event, negotiating with advertising representatives and interacting with Co-op Board members, staff and volunteers.
- Vision. You can accurately predict and interpret trends as they relate to the Co-op’s marketing programs, making related recommendations. You are capable of translating the vision into an implementation plan and budget.
- Diplomacy and tact. You can decline a community request for support with kindness and compassion preserving relationships. You balance a sense of fun with professionalism.
- An eye for style and design. You will be approving ads, brochures, and other materials that maintain a consistent Co-op “look” within the brand guidelines.
- The ability to write clearly, concisely and efficiently. You vary your style to match the circumstances, whether it’s a tweet, a web article, a press release or a Board Member’s speech for the Annual Meeting.
- A safe driver with a valid license and clean driving record. You understand the importance to the brand of responsibly driving and maintaining the Co-op community vehicle.
- Software proficiency. In-Design, Excel, Word, PowerPoint are among the programs you will be using.
- Three to five years of experience in a marketing or public relations role at the management level.
Compensation will be commensurate with the skills and qualifications of the successful applicant. Peninsula Co-op offers a generous package that includes medical and dental benefits for the staff member and his/her dependents, disability and life insurance, a pension plan and annual profit sharing.
Deadline to apply: Friday, August 17, 2012
To apply please submit your resume by email, by fax to 250-652-5298, by mail or in person at the Co-op Food Centre, 1-2132 Keating X Road, Saanichton, BC V8M 2A6. Please contact Human Resources at 250-544-2941 if you have any questions. Thank you. www.peninsulaco-op.com
Indeed - 2 years ago
Peninsula Co-op is a Vancouver Island based co-operative with our core business in grocery, petroleum and convenience stores. We are...