The PEI Rape and Sexual Assault Centre is a non-profit organization that has been providing services to in PEI since 1983. In collaboration with other team members, the therapist is responsible for providing intake and individual counseling services to female and male, adult (over age 16 years) survivors of sexual assault and abuse.
There is a possibility that this position will become full time as of July 1, 2014.
We are looking for the following qualification and qualities in a candidate:
- A minimum of a Masters’ degree in Social Work, Counselling OR related training and experience as a trauma therapist
- Knowledge and experience in trauma recovery therapy and working with survivors of sexual abuse and assault
- An understanding of the impacts of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse on individuals, families and communities
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in French an asset
Please submit a cover lever and resume by December 1, 2013 to:
The Hiring Committee
PEI Rape and Sexual Assault Centre
PO Box 1522