PEI Association of Exhibitions
The PEI Association of Exhibitions (PEIAE) is a non-profit organization representing fairs, festivals and exhibitions across Prince Edward Island.
The Administrative Director reports to the PEIAE Board of Directors and under the Board’s direction is responsible for the successful management and administration of the association and its programs. The incumbent is responsible for the following areas: implement continuity of purpose, operations management, program planning and delivery, financial management under the guidance of the Financial Officer and fundraising, administration and communication.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors:
- Provide strategic vision to the organization;
- Ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day operations and administration of the organization;
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services;
- Work with the Financial Officer to manage the financials for the organization;
- Develop and build strong relations with key stakeholders, including: member events, government officials and sponsors;
- Represent the best interest of association members.
- Post- secondary education
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Experience in convention and/or event planning.
- Experience in provincial fundraising and the administration of grant applications.
- An agricultural oriented background will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of management principles as they relate to non-profit/ volunteer organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, specifically to inspire collaboration and innovation within an organization.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with the Executive, Board of Directors, summer students and event volunteers.
- Ability to effectively manage staff and volunteers.
- Ability to negotiate and advocate on behalf of an organization.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Personal integrity and a high level of energy.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable as determined by the Board of Directors. Candidates will be required to provide a recent background check.
Applications must be received by November 16, 2012, 12:00 noon. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Applications may be sent to:
President, PEI Association of Exhibitions
PO Box 2000 Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8