This is an exciting new position with a leading forestry company that manufactures and supplies engineered forest products throughout worldwide markets. This client upholds a reputation for exceptional product quality, customer service and innovation.
- Recruitment and implementing an effective people management system. The Human Resources Manager will foster and encourage a culture where continuous improvement in safety is a priority for all employees.
- As the successful candidate you are a self-starter with demonstrated experience with current and solid knowledge of Human Resources and Safety practices, principles and regulations.
- You have in-depth knowledge and understanding of employment laws and you apply this understanding to protect the interests of the company and employees.
- You have a proven track record of fostering respectful employee relations, and using good judgment to assess and resolve employee and safety issues.
- You must possess excellent writing skills for employee communication, and training tools.
- You are an individual with a high degree of integrity and you will develop positive and supportive relationships with all employees.
- Superior interpersonal skills and an adaptive style to fit a variety of situations are required.
- You must have the ability to ascertain and identify potential problems and recommend solutions; provide coaching and consulting as needed.
- As part of the Human Resources team you will focus on continuous improvement and consistency of human resources and safety practices and processes.
- You are able to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects; and possess the follow-through skills required to drive and complete tasks; and at all times maintain a high level of confidentiality.
This position reports to the Business Human Resources Manager. This role has one individual reporting into it.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A Bachelors degree with an emphasis on Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
- A CHRP designation is a definite asset.
- You will be familiar and have extensive experience using Microsoft Office.
- Experience in an industrial environment where safety is the top priority is a definite asset.
- Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are essential.
85-105k plus competitive benefits package.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may apply directly to via email to 842-MH2104(at)apply.maxhire.net. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.
PAUL ALEXANDER is a professional services search with our head office in Vancouver and an office in Calgary. Both offices have a technical specialist recruitment practice that focuses on three main industries, Construction & Engineering, the Resource based industry and Information Technology roles.