Senior Developer/ Programmer
Our client is currently looking for an experienced bi-lingual (English, French) Software Developer/Programmer (formerly titled Sr. Operations and Administration Analyst) who is interested in working with both application development and daily systems operations, to join our fast-paced and fast-growing team of IT professionals.
This developer will be performing in a dual role, supporting the Development and the Operations Team for one of client’s client. In this role, the candidate will be a part of a team of 20 IT professionals serving this client and will collaborate with both local and remote team members. Some client interaction is also involved.
Key to being successful in this role is an interest in learning new things, collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams and the desire to deliver excellent results. The role requires a degree of professional maturity and experience with large project/program environments.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop application enhancements
- Develop defect fixes
- Execute unit and assembly level testing
- Participate in defect assessments and investigations
- Data validations
- Data fixes
- Defect investigations
- Batch schedule executions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Must have 3+ years of recent professional development experience with development in a medium-sized enterprise context (any programming language).
- Must have 2+ years of JAVA or C-style development experience.
- Experience with LINUX is a significant advantage - Red Hat or Cent OS.
- Good understanding of waterfall software development methodology.
- Experience with structured status reporting.
o Experience with one or more of the following, is an advantage:
o Apache and Apache TomCat webservers.
o Oracle SQL
- Knowledge on Remedy, Bugzilla, WinSCP, PuTTY, VPN (Virtual Private Network),
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Experience with large IT project teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or College Diploma in Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or equivalent practical experience.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS
- Work with recognized world class processes and people
- Engagement on projects with large, well-known organizations in Canada within multiple industries
- Many opportunities for growth and development within the organization
- Full benefits package
- Multicultural, diverse work environment
Interested candidates may apply to Alisha Damani at PAUL ALEXANDER TMC. Please send resumes by replying to this message.
PAUL ALEXANDER offers a suite of services spanning the full spectrum of talent management products and services including; recruiting,...