Our client is the leader in voice-enabled social networking, is looking for a full-time Database Administrator to join their organization.
Our client is looking for a strong team player who not only works well within your own team but also knows how to work collaboratively and effectively within cross-functional teams. You are a natural problem solver with excellent analytical skills. You come with superior written and verbal communication skills including your success in producing quality process documentation. Your excellent time management and organization skills allow you to always be kept on top of things, and the best of it all, you do all of this with a great sense of humor!
In addition, you also possess the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years SQL administration and development experience.
- Knowledgeable in relational database theory and the ability to apply this knowledge to document and reverse-engineer existing databases.
- Ability to work with non-relational databases such as MongoDB is an asset.
- Exposure to cloud base database hosted solutions.
- MS-SQL Server 2005/20008, with thorough knowledge of Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent time manager who can prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Rigorous user of Microsoft Office tools to document existing and new processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and work in a team environment is required.
- Experience with working in an Agile environment is an asset.
- Experience with Quest Spotlight is an asset.
- Computer Science graduate is an asset.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) or other DBA designation is an asset.
As a Database Administrator, you will be the administrator of the various databases used throughout the company, including security administration, release management, database development, data quality, and documentation. In addition, you will be accountable for the following:
- Work with developers to create efficient database, queries and stored procedures based on established database standards
- Deploy and maintain database components in project releases from development to production
- Responsible for extensive application/SQL monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning, high-availability strategies in the 24X7 production environment, and provide on-standby 24 hour support on a rotating schedule.
- Develop and implement replication, archiving and backup, and recovery strategies for daily tasks and disaster recovery
- Proactively monitor the production databases and optimize stored procedures for better performance. Resolve locking conflicts and resource utilization.
- Provide recommendations on server architecture for new database servers and hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for production and data warehousing servers for scalable database growth.
- Provide data extracts as required by the business.
In this position, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Credit Card Security (PCI compliance) and Computer Use & Electronic Communications policies.
This is a designated “on-call” position and will be subject to the conditions of the Company’s On-Standby/On-Call Policy. The on-call requirement for this position is the availability to provide 24x7 support when scheduled.
What You Can Expect
Our client is proud to have created a work environment that celebrates the diversity of their team, while fostering shared success across the organization. From development to marketing, finance to sales and customer service, they work as a team to deliver leading-edge solutions across technology and telecommunications platforms.
Employees are offered:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including wellness and work/life services; RRSP matching; medical and dental coverage; and more
- Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Fun, collaborative environment with a focus on employee recognition
How To Apply
Interested candidates may apply to Alisha Damani at PAUL ALEXANDER TMC. Please send resume and cover letter by replying to this message.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.
PAUL ALEXANDER offers a suite of services spanning the full spectrum of talent management products and services including; recruiting, planning, developing, engaging, deploying, and rewarding employees throughout the organization.