Pasona Canada is currently accepting resumes for the following professional opportunity on behalf of our manufacturing client north of Toronto (near Barrie, Ontario).
POSITION: Cost Accountant (Full time, Permanent)
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is responsible for Cost and Variance Reporting functions and assisting in the design and implementation of operations reporting. The Cost Accountant will provide support to department Supervisors and Managers, Sales, Engineering, Production and IT personnel.
SKILL SET REQUIRED
- Completed or close to completion CGA, CA or CMA designation
- 5 years of cost accounting experience in manufacturing
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer and analytical skills and superior interpersonal skills as the position holder will be required to work closely with external auditors, Government officials, clients, vendors and company Executives.
1. Compare performance with operating plans and standards, report and interpret results to management
2. Track and accrue costs for projects and compare budget to actual
3. Liaise with other departments to ensure all organizational objectives are being met
4. Assist in developing relevant, managerial reports such as efficiency and other departmental reports
5. Perform variance analysis from physical inventory counts and recommend improvements
6. Aid in the accruals of COGS to ensure variances are booked in the correct time period
7. Monitor and maintain all inventory accounts including WIP reconciliation and analysis
8. Assist in preparation of Statements of Cash Flow and daily loan transactions
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the qualifications and drive to succeed with a solid organization that rewards effort and initiative, please forward your resume to:
Pasona Canada, Inc.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those being considered for this position will be contacted.