Par-Pak is North America’s leading designer and manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging, primarily for the bakery and foodservices industries. Par-Pak has an earned a solid reputation for quality and customer service in the OPS and PETE packaging industry. Par-Pak was a family owned business for 36 years and was acquired this year by the WNA Group based in the USA.
HR Generalist Profile
Are you interested in working with a close-knit team, in a fast paced work environment, where your efforts will make a huge impact on the business? Our employees are the lifeblood of our business and we treat them as such. At Par Pak, we are widely recognized for our progressive human resource practices and our successful management style. We understand that our people are the driving force behind our success and evolution. We are committed to providing our employees with a positive work atmosphere that preserves our family-oriented, employee-focused corporate culture.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for delivering a wide variety of Human Resource services and tasks including: hiring, retention, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, benefits, orientation and training as well as additional administrative functions.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment activities for full time and temporary employees in close coordination with Line Managers.
- Handle employee relation activities including grievance handling, documenting and implementing disciplinary actions.
- Effectively administer existing programs in accordance with the Employment Standards Act and Ontario Human Rights legislation and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or deliver training to staff including orientation for new hires.
- Assist in payroll, performance management, planning of staffing requirements in alignment with line managers.
- Enter data into the HRIS system.
- Maintain and update organizational charts and job descriptions.
- Assist the HR Manager with the implementation and maintenance of HR initiatives and programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned
Location Brampton, Ontario
- College degree or diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation
- Relevant work experience : 2 to 5 years
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good Team player with multi-tasking abilities
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, and professionally at all times
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Par- Pak ltd. is part of The Waddington North America Group and is a leading Canadian designer and manufacturer of plastic packaging,...