Par-Pak is a designer and manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging with manufacturing facilities located in Canada, USA, and UK. We are currently looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team in Brampton, Ontario.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation.
- Work in a safe manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and as per the Company Policy.
- Oversee the Claims Management procedure and ensures the effective implementation of a Return to Work Program providing guidance and support to the supervisory team.
- Research, plan, organize training programs/seminars for supervisors, employees and contractors, with regard to, New Hire/Contractor Orientation, WHMIS, Fall Protection, Personal Protection Equipment, Forklift, Aerial Work Platform, Crane and any other required training program.
- Assist in completing Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) for critical jobs in conjunction with supervisors and specified employees, such as JHSC members.
- Coordinate EHS training programs and create training materials where required.
- Manage the WHMIS program and Material Safety Data Sheet database.
- Schedule and lead JHSC meetings and produce meeting minutes on a pre-determined schedule.
- Ensure that all EHS communication materials are posted company wide.
- Maintain all EHS department files and training records.
- Provide timely reporting EHS statistics to the Corporate EHS Manager.
- Coach supervisors in performing accident/incident investigations.
- Participate in conducting monthly EHS workplace assessments.
- Assist in maintaining the requirements of the WSPS Safety Group Program and assist in completing an annual audit of the HSMS.
- Manage the contractor safety program: orientation training, records management, compliance with Par-Pak requirements.
- Record all training data into the EHS training database and ensure that any required recertification training is scheduled and completed.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Community College diploma in a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of the OHSA and workers compensation legislation.
- 2+ years of experience in occupational health and safety in an industrial establishment, preferably manufacturing.
- Experience in WSIB Claims Management.
- Experience in auditing health and safety management systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written).
Indeed - 17 months ago