Par-Pak Limited is a designer and manufacturer of rigid Plastic packaging with manufacturing facilities in United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. At Present, we are looking for a Freight Manager/Analyst to join our team in Brampton, Ontario.
The primary focus of this role is to ensure that delivery of inbound and outbound freight is conducted in a timely and cost effective manner. Responsible for coordinating closely with the Warehouse and Finance teams to negotiate and manage all Freight Contracts.
- Manage, negotiate and optimize both in-bound and out-bound Freight contracts (air, rail, truck etc.) in order to ensure cost effective and high quality delivery of Par-Pak finished goods to customers and other Par-Pak manufacturing facilities, including cross-border shipments.
- Handle freight and customs invoicing, including discrepancy resolution in coordination with the Accounting department.
- Manage and follow up on freight related issues.
- Act as primary contact for major transportation providers and manage key freight supplier relationships.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum high school diploma, post secondary education an asset
- 5+ years of relevant experience in transportation and logistics, supply chain, and/or sourcing.
- Freight negotiation and contract experience.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage both day-to-day responsibilities and project work.
- Experience in Microsoft office applications.
- Ability to gain trust and work collaboratively.
- Experience implementing a freight management system would be an asset
- Cross border freight experience would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills.
Par- Pak ltd. is part of The Waddington North America Group and is a leading Canadian designer and manufacturer of plastic packaging,...