Position: Training Coordinator
Status: Permanent full time
Location: YVR - Vancouver
Reports To: Chief Pilot
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:30
Effective Dates: Immediately
Basic Job Function and Key Responsibilities
As the key contact in Flight Operations, Pacific Coastal Airlines is looking for an employee who embodies the Pacific Coastal motto of “People Friendly, People First”. This employee will be expected to behave in a manner that respects corporate values, professionalism, and diversity and provides service excellence to both internal and external customers. This role requires a person that has the ability to work in an ever changing environment where multitasking and flexibility are key attributes.
Reporting to the Chief Pilot, the successful applicant will provide specific support as well as administration support to the Flight Operations Management such as but not limited to; management of flight crew records; planning of simulator and aircraft crew training and ground school schedules; planning and coordination of flight crew travel for the purpose of training; liaison with regulatory authorities and training facilities in the facilitation of training events; organization and communication of training program requirements and schedules to all relevant trainers, ground school instructors, flight crew, crew scheduler and operational management.
Other duties include:
- Working with the crew scheduler to ensure that all training is scheduled and completed.
- Training record management – Amelia, currency and validating documentation.
- Creating simulator pairings and bookings as well as creating and distributing SIM packages.
- Booking and managing travel
- Creating and monitoring TSA accounts and approvals in conjunction with Training Facility.
- Ensuring that all licenses and medicals on file are current.
- Creating training schedule and coordinating ground schools.
- Tracking course attendance sheets.
- Assigning and tracking online training as required.
- Creating an annual Training Budget.
Skills, knowledge, abilities and Qualifications
- Familiarity with and/or ability to liaise with aviation regulators and facilities- ie: Transport Canada, Flight Safety International, Transportation Safety Administration (TSA)
- Must be able to obtain TC Security Clearance
- Strong computing skills; MS Office products- Word, EXCEL, PPT, Access, database programming and management
- Record keeping, tracking, planning, budget planning, program development, scheduling and highly organized
- Procedural document structuring, content development and control in regards to regulated manuals
- 2 - 5 years within in a corporate administrative capacity
Indeed - 5 months ago