we tune your network
P3 communications, Inc. (P3CI) is a member of P3 Group, a global firm with more than 2,100 consultants and engineers at over 36 locations worldwide. We offer a broad portfolio of independent technical and management consulting, network planning/engineering/optimization, security consulting and device testing services to North American network carriers, equipment vendors, device manufacturers and critical communications clients.
For our Device testing team, we are looking for full and part time Field Test Engineers.
· Testing handset software and hardware in live networks in a mobile or stationary CDMA, LTE
· and/or GSM environment
· Must be capable of domestic travel
· Perform field testing (drive testing) in designated test areas for various operators
· Perform feature testing: such as SMS, MMS, LBS, GPS, PTT etc.
· Use logging tools to collect the data from the field to be analyzed by others
· Testing of devices based on Android, IOS, Microsoft, Brew and application testing
· Perform desktop and web based software / hardware testing
· Perform E2E scenarios for core device functionalities, testing may include objective functionality or subjective usability
· Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications or computer science preferred
· Candidate must be technically sound, detail oriented, strong troubleshooting skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Fundamental knowledge of RF technology and RF test equipment
· CDMA and/or GSM protocols including log analysis preferred
· Experience in call processing for CDMA,LTE & GSM devices
· Proficient in computer applications including databases, spreadsheets, and word processing
· Experience in development or using network simulators for parametric testing is a plus
· Willing to work weekends and holidays if needed
· Up to 75% travel could be expected
· Hourly position with room for advancement
P3 is a professional engineering service provider to telecoms with headquarters in Germany. US operations are led out of Morristown, New Jersey. The company is 100% owned and managed by the founders.
More information can be found on the company website. P3 communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to protected characteristics.