PS Production Services Ltd. is looking for a Support Analyst / SQL .NET Programmer
Know your OO/Java/C++/C#?
Can you make your way around a database?
Do you care about functional and great looking reports?
Can you help support a Microsoft & VM environment?
Then PS needs you!
- Unique and genuine long-term career opportunity
- Work within a great team
- Using the latest Microsoft technologies
- Christmas break off
We are seeking recent Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar graduate or someone with 1-2 years of experience who is looking for genuine career opportunity in a fantastic working environment.
We value skills in Object Oriented programming (we work with C#) and you’ve got to know your way around a database too (we use the latest Microsoft SQL Server technologies). We need someone that can mine the data and make great looking reports. You should have good problem solving skills, be a good communicator and work well in teams.
We’re not looking for someone with in-depth commercial experience – this role will initially see you enter at the Support Level, but you can get your hands on the code from the beginning. As your product knowledge and programming experience matures we will progressively provide you greater programming challenges. We believe in developing our staff – how far you go depends on you!
People who do well in this role are:
- Natural communicators
- Good problem solvers
- Well organized, disciplined and able to manage their own work
- Good working knowledge of relational databases (we use Microsoft SQL Server)
- Report writing (we use SQL Report Writer and sometimes Crystal)
- Object orientated programming experience an advantage but not essential (we use C#)
- Familiarity with Microsoft and these others would be nice too: VMWare, MacOS and Linux
- A Full time position based in Toronto
- A true team based environment in a relaxed setting
- Did we mention Christmas break off
Who We are:
What makes PS Production Services special is that we were once a startup company founded 40 years ago with a genuine desire to help and better the film industry in Canada. Our simple belief, that there is no project too big or too small, has created a business approach that still exists today in the more than 130 people and friends who make up PS. From the front line to the warehouse and from small independents to visiting U.S. productions. It’s not just about booking rentals, it’s about looking after filmmakers. That’s why we’re a key player in the Canadian film and television industry. It’s what PS is all about.
We are a dedicated team of unsung heroes who genuinely care. And it’s translated into friendship and respect for the people in the business. It’s what has shaped this company. So when people turn to PS, they know we have an entire company they can rely on.
Check out the complete job description on our website at http://www.psps.com/careers