Petrolia is an oil and gas exploration company, mainly active in the East of Québec (Gaspé Peninsula and Anticosti Island). In the next few months, Petrolia plans to speed up evaluation of its permits on Anticosti Island, in order to demonstrate the oil potential of this territory. In the framework of these works, Petrolia wishes to recruit local employees, qualified and motivated to play a first line role in the economic development of the area and of the Province of Québec.
Place of residence : Québec city, QC
Type of employment: full time, permanent
Reporting to the management of Petrolia, the incumbent shall:
- Select drilling and completion technology;
- Prepare and approve drilling and completion programs;
- Prepare budgets (AFEs) and limit the cost of operations;
- Prepare bid documents for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services required for the Company's activities;
- Evaluate offers and manage the corresponding contracts;
- Conduct studies and evaluations to optimize well design;
- Manage field operations and modify the plans if circumstances demand.
- Degree in Engineering (Petroleum/Mechanical or other) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in onshore drilling & completions;
- Experience in unconventional plays (horizontal underbalanced or managed pressure drilling);
- In-depth understanding of the onshore drilling environment;
- Able to deal (alone or in close liaison with other team members) with all aspects of drilling and completion operations, as well as the logistics;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or APEGA, or hold competencies required to become one;
- Strong communication skills and ability to integrate in a small team and cooperate to the global workload;
- Flexibility and polyvalence to adapt to rapid changes in the working environment (technical or regulatory);
- Mastery of English and French.