Develop the next generation of leaders!
Make a difference! Life is always rewarding when you give kids the tools they need to take on the world! Helping a young person achieve his or her potential brings tremendous satisfaction. Oxford Learning goes beyond tutoring to help students reach their learning potential, not just for one grade or one year, but for a lifetime. Our unique programs teach children to learn how to learn. Just one to two hours a week can make a world of difference in developing the right skills and habits to succeed, no matter what the subject or grade level.
Oxford Learning, Sherwood Park is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Education Co-Ordinator, to join our team of professionals. As an Education Co-Ordinator, you will participate in the Centre’s operations including: setting up and administering assessments, programming and overseeing students’ programs, maintaining contact with current parents and meeting with them to discuss their child’s progress, as well as reaching out to past families, and ensuring that the Oxford philosophy is being maintained throughout the centre.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team
- Minimum post-secondary education degree or certificate/relevant education
- Exceptional English language written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate with parents and the public effectively
- Experience working with children and youth
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to read, write and speak French fluently
- Capacity to improvise
- Scheduling flexibility and the ability to multi-task and think on your feet
- Passion for working with children
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong phone skills and experience in customer service
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
The position will involve the following duties:
- Effectively master the Oxford Learning Teaching philosophy as well as coaching other teaching members of the team
- Help inform parents about our Oxford program
- Build relationships with parents and the community
- Maintain a schedule and effectively execute pre-assigned tasks throughout workday
- Create a fun and energetic learning environment on a daily basis
- Promote and participate in all aspects of Oxford Learning
Starting wage for this position is $15 - $17/hr. Benefits may be available after 6 months.
Candidates must be available to work evenings (2 – 8:30 p.m.) Monday-Thursday as well as Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. A minimum commitment of 2 years is required. Full-time position begins late-April/early-May, part-time hours are available immediately.