Oxford Learning Centre

Oxford Learning Centre Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment, with supportive management.
French/English Instructor (Former Employee), Finch and Victoria ParkMay 6, 2015
Pros: Teaching French
Cons: low pay and not enough hours
A great place for new teachers to gain hands-on experience in the field.
The hardest part of the job was to divide your attention between 3 different students who were studying completely different subjects (in the most extreme cases).
Enjoyed helping French students with homework, whether they were in Core French or IB French (of all levels).
good
Supervisor/Educator (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 25, 2015
Welcoming circle and Letter introductions, integrated fun learning games and early reading experiences. Management was always late for clients meeting and staff turnover was very high which made it hard but the best part of this job was the respect the my clients gave me, and seeing the difference in how much the children learned while working with me.
Inclusive and engaging
Teacher (Current Employee), Tecumseh, ONMarch 2, 2015
Working at Oxford has provided me with extensive experience working with students of all different age levels and learning styles. It has allowed me to develop management strategies as well as effective teaching practices tailored to each individual student. The staff and management are fantastic, friendly, and supportive.
Great Place To Work
Teacher (Current Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 10, 2015
I'm tasked with teaching English and Math, preparing lesson plans, and writing up daily reports on each student.

The company as a whole is a great place to work and the staff and management are always extremely helpful.
Very fun, great experience with teaching children
Teacher (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great experience, amazing environment
Cons: not a lot of scheduled hours
A very memorable place to work with zero negativity. I had a wonderful boss who believed in the company and worked hard for everybody. Very great place to work but as a teacher/coach the pay is decent but getting the hours is the hard part. When i was there it was about 8 hours a week. A great second job or part time job as a teacher.
A growth experience that has certainly shaped my paradigms for the future
Sole Proprietor / Teacher (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: the best of being your own boss is the write offs, and uncapped salary
Cons: time commitment
Oxford Learning is a brilliant company that was founded by a Child Psychologist who based the entire program on basic cognitive theory and positive reinforcement to pare with the Canadian educational stream. I started with the company as the Academic Preschool Teacher and in time, bought the location for Niagara Falls.

My duties varied as I changed roles. From human resource management, to teaching to marketing to making my own radio commercials, my days were very busy!!

The hardest part of the job was the daily time commitment. With being your own boss, you pay the price of having to be away from family a lot.
Productive and fun work place
Tutor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2014
Great teaching and implementation of workshop experience.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2014
Productive and fun workplace, I have learned about multitasking and to deal with problems.
Productive and fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, understanding staff
Cons: not many hours per week
The job is quite taxing; It demands a lot of the instructor in that typically there is a 3:1(students to teacher) ratio. Most kids struggle to keep focused and sometimes require your full attention. I was always taught growing up that one works best when uninterrupted but the philosophy at Oxford leans more towards not holding the hand of the student all the time, they will have to become independent, and sooner rather than later. The teacher must learn to juggle the students. There is a specific system/philosophy that Oxford follows and it does not work for everyone.
Management was great, looking for ways to help teachers improve and encourage struggling students. The most enjoyable part of the job is when a student finally "gets it", you feel like you've at least impacted one student with something you've learned. Co-workers were also encouraging, offering tricks of the trade. All in all, a great place to work.
Fun workplace
❸ Teacher (Current Employee), Barrhaven, ONNovember 4, 2013
Pros: kind/friendly staff, flexibility.
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work that consists of teaching/tutoring children to teenagers various subjects. This is most certainly a job to have if you are not quite yet finish your undergraduate studies and have not yet completed your Bachelors of Education.

This job does require one to multi-task, and make quick and logical decisions.
Great Mission, Great Centre
Education Director (Former Employee), BoltonAugust 15, 2013
Pros: very flexible working hours, and awesome as a part time job!
Cons: dealing with complacent staff, and absent minded parents
Having worked at Oxford for 5 years I can say that I truly learned the value of a strong foundation in education and what that means for children. I learned that education is not only limited to what happens in the classroom or what kids read in their texts, but that it's about strong relationships and communication. All that happened at my table when I was a learning coach at Oxford.
Fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 5, 2013
fun place to work
good atmosphere
very learning oriented
friendly people
Relax environment and it's fun to see kids around in the Centre.
Clerk (Current Employee), North Vancouver BCMay 3, 2013
I only work here part time the hours is flexible. I learned to be more detailed, fast and organized, and my boss is very accommodating and helpful.
Productive and pleasant workplace
Manager/Teacher (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: colourful learning environment
Cons: new disrespectful managment
-I would come in, set up, organize trays and programs, teach, arrange and conduct meetings with parents and staff
-I learned about all types of learners and levels of learning; I learned how to treat people with repect and patience, I learned how to develop procedures and systems to improve productivity and organization; I learned how to assess and record notes about students' education in order to improve their skills and teach them better
-For the majority of my experience at Oxford, the management team was excellent and helpful. When new owners took over, I had trouble adapting to new approaches to business and disrespectful attitudes and I felt my time was up a there
-My co-workers were phenominal people to work with and I developed life-long friendships with many
-The hardest part of my job was not having enough time to meet with parents and do all of the other duties I needed to. The summer months are the busiest time and the scheduling can be very tricky if you don't have a strict method. I was too nice and that made it hard to accomodate everyone
-The most enjoyable part of my job is the impact I got to have on childrens' learning and my own learning. There's nothing more gratifying than teaching someone something and witnessing them learning it. When they have breaktroughs or surprise you, it's even more exciting.
Great people
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 17, 2013
Great place to work if you like kids and can be patient with parents.