Owens Corning

Owens Corning Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: on-call
Never a dull moment.
Interesting company.
Been in business a long time.
Fun
Creel Room Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: was a summer student
They teach you how to do the job right from the start. Since what you are carrying is 30lb they ease you into it. They only let you do half the job for the first week so you don't hurt yourself.
Amazing company
Human Resources Liaison (Former Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 3, 2013
Pros: value on people
Cons: closed plant dowm
Really put a lot of value on their people. Best work experience of my life.
I was working on computer, and created hazardous material data sheets for company
Assistant to Environmental Leader (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: no launch
Cons: no long hours
I was using my Environmental Protection Technologists skills and experience in this job.
Brantford OEM Solutions Group
Bruno Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, Ontario CANADAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: benefits, no work and kentucky hq
Our plant closed in 2007. It was a sad day. Accident free employees looking out for each other. Won many awards Plant of the Year, best Safety record and all the community awards. Great place to work many friends. To sum it up for ya all.......wages ok, USA benefits, excellent Team members and finally the plant manager was honest, polite and kept his – more... word until it all ended. Id work for that guy again in any business. – less
Factory with great health and safety and environmental initiatives.
Student Material Handler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2013
At Owens Corning I worked 12 hour continental shifts. This was my first experience and I found there were benefits to this kind of a work schedule and realized I could be very happy on continental or regular shifts.
Typically, you are packaging fiberglass insulation for 6 hours per shift and ensuring that the line is running properly and the surroundings – more... are clean the rest of the time.
There is a very good attitude amongst employees and it is a great environment to work in. There is a very strong health and safety program at this company and there are health and safety programs taught to all employees. – less
Great job. Great people.
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee), Jackson, TNDecember 18, 2014
Owens Corning has a fantastic leadership program which I was very happy to participate in. I helped to update the Lockout, Tagout program during my time with them. I believe my work will serve as a template for other locations and I was proud of my accomplishments during my time at Owens Corning.
Great place to work, fitness area, good employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: allowing me to grow and learn with the company
Review the last 24 hrs and any tasks that needed to be completed. Asign jobs to craftspeople and follow up mid day on completion. Scheduling work in a facility that runs 24/7. The day to day challenges
Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Medina OhioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: a single person in management does not know how to treat people
Flex Time
Working with the railroad
Helping other location with their warehouse problems
An outstanding company that continues to improve.
Human Resources Leader (Former Employee), Toledo, OhioDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great overall work environment.
Cons: poor work/life balance.
Great pay. Positive Leadership. Great team environment. Leaders challenge you to improve and drive for results. There is opportunity to advance if you are willing to relocate and put the time in.
A strong (do it right the first time) company,good training.
Maintenance planner/buyer (Former Employee), Fairburn, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: worked my way out of a job too soon.
I Owens Corning is a fine company with a long history .
I enjoyed working there,starting as a group leader in production then in a few months i was moved up to supervisor i was there a few years and they needed someone to take over inventory control i had that for three years,I had as many a eight (8) warehouses all but one was off plant sight, it took – more... extra activity to keep up,but we received a letter of a job well done after our yearly physical wit a very low right off. I took over a shift in the warehouse and our on job accidents dropped due to constant safety inspections. we made our shipment on time and correct counts. we brought computers on the seen and put them to work trying to convince people to treat the computer as a tool like any other tool was hard but it worked.
I was asked to start a maintenance planning department where all of the plants equipment was entered and a preventive inspection sheet was created. The inspection sheet would be printed out on schedule tobe performed. All repair work was put on a schedule and i made sure the materials people and schedule were all in sync. to make the repair go smoothly and on scheduled time table.I had at least one multimillion dollar rebuild each year. where you had (28) days from shut down to start up for complete rebuild. that required people and equipment and parts all had to be there when needed and were inspected to insure every thing was right. we always finished up one or two days ahead of schedule and on or under cost. dedication to detail buy every one made it come off and we all look good.
Good People dedicated and a good company that was dedicated to its people,made an unbeatable team... – less
Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee), jackson 38305December 5, 2014
Do not want to elaborate on past work environment. Owens Corning is a good company and the people I worked with were great.
I learned alot being with the company over 2 years.
Telemarketer/confirmer (Former Employee), Auburn, MaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the people i worked with, was a fun place and environment to be in.
Cold calling to set and confirm apointments for represenatives to go out to a home and give a free estimate for basement refinnishing, and window replacement. Very busy office.
good place to work
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXNovember 5, 2014
worked for owens corning for 28 years retired this year. Owens Corning was a good place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 4, 2014
intern. Enjoyed working on my projects. People are friendly and professional. Nice location by the airport
People centered company
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXOctober 30, 2014
Owens Corning works hard to develop its employees. It understands the importance of the people on the floor and this makes it a great place to work.
Shift Leader - (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: lot of time off and good pay
Cons: the environment in the plant is harsh
Employees have production quotas. The shifts are long 12 hour shifts. But lots of time off with good benefits. Management was fair to employees. The environment in the plant is harsh. Small bits of fiberglass is everywhere and get on employees. Sometimes in the flesh of your hands. Had one of the best job cultures I have worked in.
Good Company to work for
Spare parts Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: always been treated as a person.
Cons: last few years a lot of up and down time.
Enjoyed my time with the company, it was like woring with family had our ups and downs as with all families. Some days we had to work harder then others. Mangement was always letting us know what is going on with the company. The several supervisior's I have worked with have all been good to work for. One of the hardest jobs I had was when I was put – more... back in the parts room and had to get ready for an audit in two months. – less
Owens Corning is where i learned a lot.
Sourcing Attendant (Current Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 3, 2014
Owens Corning is the place where i learned so much, this place gave me more skill for the future.
demanding, long hours
Marketing and Finance Manager (Former Employee), Mount Carmel, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: bonus structure did not matter because product was not selling.
The product was extremely expensive and had reached the limit of it's effectiveness,

1 2 3 4 5

About Owens Corning

Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company – Read more