Owens Corning Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: on-call
Never a dull moment.
Interesting company.
Been in business a long time.
Fun
Creel Room Operator (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: long lunch
Cons: was a summer student
They teach you how to do the job right from the start. Since what you are carrying is 30lb they ease you into it. They only let you do half the job for the first week so you don't hurt yourself.
Amazing company
Human Resources Liaison (Former Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 3, 2013
Pros: value on people
Cons: closed plant dowm
Really put a lot of value on their people. Best work experience of my life.
I was working on computer, and created hazardous material data sheets for company
Assistant to Environmental Leader (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 28, 2013
Pros: no launch
Cons: no long hours
I was using my Environmental Protection Technologists skills and experience in this job.
Brantford OEM Solutions Group
Bruno Operator (Former Employee), Brantford, Ontario CANADAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: benefits, no work and kentucky hq
Our plant closed in 2007. It was a sad day. Accident free employees looking out for each other. Won many awards Plant of the Year, best Safety record and all the community awards. Great place to work many friends. To sum it up for ya all.......wages ok, USA benefits, excellent Team members and finally the plant manager was honest, polite and kept his word until it all ended. Id work for that guy again in any business.
Factory with great health and safety and environmental initiatives.
Student Material Handler (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2013
At Owens Corning I worked 12 hour continental shifts. This was my first experience and I found there were benefits to this kind of a work schedule and realized I could be very happy on continental or regular shifts.
Typically, you are packaging fiberglass insulation for 6 hours per shift and ensuring that the line is running properly and the surroundings are clean the rest of the time.
There is a very good attitude amongst employees and it is a great environment to work in. There is a very strong health and safety program at this company and there are health and safety programs taught to all employees.
Headquarters