- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program
A combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in industrial machinery repair or millwrighting is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
We encourage all applicants to send applications in before May 1, 2013. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Owen Sound Ledgerock Limited, one of the most technologically advanced quarry and custom stonework operations in Canada is seeking...